Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

internals swap from marathon S to an mx comp?

528 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  farmboybunk 
#1 ·
I need some varification. I've heard that it is possible to put the marathon S internals into a mx comps chassis. Can anyone tell me if that is true, and if so expound a bit on the process and what needs to be done to do it.

#2 ·
farmboybunk said:
I need some varification. I've heard that it is possible to put the marathon S internals into a mx comps chassis. Can anyone tell me if that is true, and if so expound a bit on the process and what needs to be done to do it.
Nothing needs to be done save for the swap itself. Undo the bottom bolts, let the oil run out by sliding the lowers off a bit, be sure to let all the air out. Undo the top caps from the crown, remove the dampers. Install new dampers. You may need to swap the spring from the MX to the Marathon damper, although I believe it to suffice to just swap out the cartridge in the right leg, where the damping happes, the other cartridge is just ETA and doesn't need to be touched.

_MK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.