Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a Fox RLT 80 but can get a deal on a 100mm, 2005. Does anyone know with certainty, if travel on that fork can be reduced with a spacer like the older RLCs?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
895 Posts
Miker J said:
I'd like to get a Fox RLT 80 but can get a deal on a 100mm, 2005. Does anyone know with certainty, if travel on that fork can be reduced with a spacer like the older RLCs?

Thanks,

Mike
Page 10 on owner's manual say's YES you can decrease travel for the F100

·
Registered
858 Posts
It sure can, but instead of using the spacer- punch out the pin in the bumper, and move it up to the other hole. Less weight that way. Thats the method I used in my 2004 Float RLC's as I didnt have a plastic spacer handy.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...

I see the owners manual but it's not specific enough. Are they talking about all the "F" models or just the F...X models. I'd like to know for sure before I drop a boatload of cash.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
Absolutely. I just bought a 2006 RLT 100 and had it set to 80mm to work on my present bike. I wanted the option of having 100mm if I ever wanted to put the fork on another frame.

Miker J said:

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.