Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an older set of XT brakes and wondering how to seal brake lines in order to run them through frame without fluid leaking.

I’ve heard new sets come with some sort of seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
I used a bit of tape on the end of the hoses to keep the fluid in when I rerouting my xt brakes. I also did a lever bleed as well afterwards because a little bit of fluid came out in the process.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'm trying to remember... I think I've rotated the bike to keep the open brake hose end up. A little piece of kitchen 'press and seal' might work. Since you're going to have to put in a new barb (and likely trim some hose too), you could probably put a small screw in the end to plug it up, I may have done that once too, it's so hard to remember....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friend suggested draining all the fluid before install then refilling and rebleeding. Which I’ll probably do anyway.

I used to remove the rear caliper and let it hang vertically when bleeding. Obviously this is no longer possible. Best I could do is let it hang with whatever slack I get from BB area to mounting area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.