Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Rune and I am thinking about getting an internally routed seatpost. I saw that is is possible to thread the cable up the seatpost vent on the bottom of the frame, and my frame even has a little guide for this. Has anyone done this and can you tell me how it works? I am a little worried about having the cable getting pinched.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a 2013 Rune and I am thinking about getting an internally routed seatpost. I saw that is is possible to thread the cable up the seatpost vent on the bottom of the frame, and my frame even has a little guide for this. Has anyone done this and can you tell me how it works? I am a little worried about having the cable getting pinched.
If this can help this is what I did to my '13 Prime.
Drilled an oval vertical 10x6 mm hole in seat tube with a dremel in the same spot where newer models have remote cable in, and than bonded on a shaped aluminum backing with epoxy glue. Backing has also a bonded plastic tube to better run housing and avoiding cuts.
Warranty gone but frame is old.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
You can fish the cable through the bottom by the lower linkage right into the seat tube. My seat tube is what cracked on my Rune that retired it. Last thing I'd do is drill a hole in there on that particular frame.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can fish the cable through the bottom by the lower linkage right into the seat tube. My seat tube is what cracked on my Rune that retired it. Last thing I'd do is drill a hole in there on that particular frame.
I considered going around linkage but is awkward routing down there for a classic wire remote, probably working better with hydraulic hose....not considering possible interference with linkage movement.
I don't know if frames from MY14 have been reinforced at seat tube where hole is, but my frame is old and is going to be changed as the new Prime will be released. Hope the glued metal backing helps containing stress around hole.
I'm checking regularly the area for failure signs, but is holding well so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.