Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the area and am looking for recommendations for trails around the Hartford area. Looking for good intermediate stuff - I'm not super technical or an advanced rider but can handle blues with no problems.

I've ridden Nassahegon, which was great. Any other recommendations for other trails in the area I can check out that fit my criteria?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you liked Nass, I believe that you would enjoy Cowles the most. Lots of descending flow, a few big climbs, not super technical. West Hartford Reservoir will give you a blend of some medium to low technical trails, double track and some gravel fire road trail connectors. Case is pretty technical, and I would call it medium to advanced level riding. My good friend describes nearly every trail as "A little bit rocky, a little bit technical and a little bit of a climb." The Case trails hook into Gay City trails and you could ride forever.

Check out Trailforks for maps on all three places.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Lots of great places to ride within 45 min of Hartford. I've ridden to the East of Hartford for 30 years. Case (Manchester/Glastonbury), Gay City and Greyville (Hebron), Mooween (Lebanon), Day Pond (Colchester), Cowles (E Granby), Crandall's (Tolland), Bluff Pt (Groton), Hartmann (Lyme), Nathan Hale (Coventry), Rockland (Madison). Racker Road (Stafford), Millers Pond (Durham)

All these places have varied terrain...some technical, some not so bad. Trail Forks has some loops shown but most of it you need to get out and explore or follow some locals around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.