Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I recently studied that thing for hours, peeking at "poach" trails, both ones I know about and some I was unaware of. Loma Prieta, Orestimba, San Antonio Valley, Umunhum/Thayer...get a good monitor and set-up the contrast properly and zoom-in. Interesting!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I recently studied that thing for hours, peeking at "poach" trails, both ones I know about and some I was unaware of. Loma Prieta, Orestimba, San Antonio Valley, Umunhum/Thayer...get a good monitor and set-up the contrast properly and zoom-in. Interesting!
Interesting? More like bummer.
Even more visibility for trails that do not need any.

·
enjoying the scenery
318 Posts
This Strava project does not appear to limit itself to cycling only.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
It seems the UK, Belgium, and the Netherlands have enthusiastically adopted Strava. Those entire countries are covered!
Yeah, and the country that hosts the biggest bike race in the world, France, seems to be too high minded for Stava.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes I think it is likely that some mislabeled activities on Strata are showing up. Just looking at some mountain trails that I am fairly certain are not rideable makes me suspicious. It also leads to questions of which trails are actually being poached and which just have mislabeled activities.

·
more skier than biker
2,363 Posts
If you look at Squaw there is clearly some skiing also included...some of the high country could also be XC skiing
My guess is that this is a result of people logging their activities in incorrectly. For example, doing a xc ski and forgetting to tag it as a xc ski activity and it instead defaults to a bike (or a run if run is set as their default)

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
I got suckered by a Strava ski track once marked as a cycling track, lets just say it was a long day out, thanks again Empty Beer ;)

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
^^ Kim Jong-un's head is so big it disrupts the satellite signals.

<< rim shot >>

·
-_-
4,748 Posts
I got suckered by a Strava ski track once marked as a cycling track, lets just say it was a long day out, thanks again Empty Beer ;)

What're ya talking about, you just dont see the field. I see the line like it was mapped out in The Legend of Bagger Vance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts