Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this is an interesting and cool looking fork for SS. I'm guessing being aluminum, it's probably teeth jaring stiff. It looks like the steerer tube is pinned to the fork, and it doesn't look like it goes all the way through the tube on the fork itself, were that extra hole is, so I don't know how reliable it would be.

Does anyone know anything about this fork? It would be a great match for my Moho STS SS.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
autoduel said:
Fashion before function! I would look hot on the Moho!
Ok, Im sure you would look hot on the Moho to someone! :yikes: But I think this fork might look hotter on the Moho, but it must also funtion! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
What the heck is that??? Dude where did you get it?? I wouldn't not want to try a pinned fork on the trail, and teh teeth jarring part is a definite no sale for me. But give it a try if you want.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AtotheZ said:
What the heck is that??? Dude where did you get it?? I wouldn't not want to try a pinned fork on the trail, and teh teeth jarring part is a definite no sale for me. But give it a try if you want.
I didn't buy it, just found it on the internet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Geometry

The axle to crown length of this sucker is probably around 410mm versus the 470mm or so on your current set-up. Your geometry may be effected. If you like the sleek silver look, try finding a Kinesis they look more solid than that thing.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This particular one is 415mm and your right. The lowest I think I should go is 470mm and the current set-up is about 510mm. But It has a U-turn on it so i can lower it a little.

·
HIYAH
754 Posts
nspace said:
Just out of curiosity, what does "pinned" refer to. Never heard that term before and was just wondering.
The two rivets connecting the crown to the steerer tube...see pics above.

It has the looks of a trials fork, but it isn't. It looks like complete junk.

·
default title
272 Posts
You'll put your eye out!

Dangerous, hideous, painful; Pick 2.

·
I'm invisible.
296 Posts
I really appreciate the fact that the dropout is attached at the point where the load from the disc will go right to the weld.

Confidence inspiring...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yeah, I see a reeeeeeeeally bad crash with breaks in places no one has ever seen break before - and that's not including what will happen to your bike. When I look at those welds I think: Be afraid.... be VERY afraid! :yikes:

If you do take it for a ride - you may want to dial 9 then 1 on your phone first... don't forget to have a friend with a camera at the ready...

S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts