Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Interesting Loch Raven Stuff

So I took my first spin through Loch Raven in 3 years today with a buddy of mine. We were the only people back there late in the afternoon (5-ish) on the Loch Raven Drive side and had a chance to stop and walk some rather interesting freeride-inspired drops. There were two pretty good sized drops that we went past, one rooty 10' drop and just across the trail another down towards a stream.

Anyone around here ridden these? If so, bravo! I left the digicam in the car otherwise I would have brought pics for personal/private consumption. Next time I'm up there this week I'll see about grabbing some.

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
Coldsnap said:
Anyone around here done these drops? If so, bravo! I left the digicam in the car otherwise I would have brought pics. Next time I'm up there this week I'll see about grabbing some pics.
No offense, but please don't...

I am fearful that the existing trail bush-whacking will compromise the already tenuous foothold mountain biking has at LR... :(

Pictures and forum publicity will only make things worse.

b1umb0y

PS. Don't get me wrong... I think it is very cool (to watch)... but I would hate to lose riding privileges over it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys, bit of a noob moment there. Like I said, getting back into things from 5 years out and a lot has changed in the riding scene that I have to adjust to. Not the least of which being platform pedals (my shins are killing me) on an unrelated note.

I've sanitized the above post and thread header, however if the thread gets deleted that'd be fine too. Over the next couple months I want to try to hook up with some locals and see what else has changed in the 5 years I've been away.

Random thought: I rode Susquehanna on Saturday and it was mighty bland compared to LR overall. Not entirely worth the hour drive when LR is 4 minutes away from my house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.