Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I go Pro??

I was riding a XC trail today and there was this hill that has this little bump where you could launch off of and these guys were just rolling off of it.....so I got a big rolling start and hit it fast and flew 30 or 35 feet down....now granted it is only about 4 or 5 inches of height (drop) but you sail about 5 to 10 inches off the ground for like 30 feet......

So, today according to Todd Freeride ( http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=264923)
I just hit a 30 or 35 footer...man should I go pro??

·
Registered
214 Posts
if it was anyone else, they would have just rolled it to. the extra weight carried ya at an accelerated speed, causing you to get much more distance than the average individual :) just messn wit ya smt

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Should I go Pro??

I was riding a XC trail today and there was this hill that has this little bump where you could launch off of and these guys were just rolling off of it.....so I got a big rolling start and hit it fast and flew 30 or 35 feet down....now granted it is only about 4 or 5 inches of height (drop) but you sail about 5 to 10 inches off the ground for like 30 feet......

So, today according to Todd Freeride ( http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=264923)
go pro smt, thats HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

if i could bunny hop off the crest of a hill going really fast could i be pro too because i just did a huge drop/gap?????????????/////////?:???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh, and todd its lip to nearest available landing point

and smt, why did you bring up this thread here...show it to the pinkbike guys, they will tell you

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
matt said:
Where are the pics....? This sounds like an impressive feat, for sure.
no pics.....but I wouldn't call it a drop....but Todd calls it over 30 feet

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
Going by thoes measurments I just hit a 32 footer last weekend, SWEET....... I agree with WCH's comparison w/ tables and dubs. I wouldn't touch a 40 ft dub, but would consider hitting a 40ft table. Same with drops....

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Should I go Pro??

don't do it!!!

that thread is almost as bad as that 'New GranMal' debacle...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fred.r said:
Going by thoes measurments I just hit a 32 footer last weekend, SWEET....... I agree with WCH's comparison w/ tables and dubs. I wouldn't touch a 40 ft dub, but would consider hitting a 40ft table. Same with drops....
hah....I beat you by 7 feet...we measured it today and it was a mind bogling 37 feet

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
flew 30 or 35 feet down....now granted it is only about 4 or 5 inches of height (drop) but you sail about 5 to 10 inches off the ground for like 30 feet......
Now you know you can hit a road gap next time you see one. Same distance.

JMH

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
no pics.....but I wouldn't call it a drop....but Todd calls it over 30 feet
You of all people shouldnt be making fun of people this way.....

And - if you're a student of physics - YES - if your elvation at touch down was 30' below that at take off - VOILA - CorrectoMundo; just because there is something under you changes nothing (Except WCH's valid point, it makes a HUUUUUUUGE mental difference). This stems out of the same bravado that makes people want to jump doubles - all else is the same - just no dire consequence. Ego's are silly things.

THe physics are the same! WOuld you have hit it if it were a gap with same launch and landing points?

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
fred.r said:
If you're gonna make it, you're gonna make it. If you clear the 40' table every time, your gonna punk out on the double? THATS some P.A.S.!!

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
If you're gonna make it, you're gonna make it. If you clear the 40' table every time, your gonna punk out on the double? THATS some P.A.S.!!
You strike me as someone who would never hit anywhere near any of the numbers being thrown around here...

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
coma13 said:
You strike me as someone who would never hit anywhere near any of the numbers being thrown around here...
Gravy - when you have no way to impact the argument via intellect - toss an insult out.

Im not a psycho - not trying MTB Vid size hucks like some, but very far from a sissy. Come ride with me - still want to make fun of me after? - all gravy.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Huck Banzai said:
And - if you're a student of physics - YES - if your elvation at touch down was 30' below that at take off - VOILA - CorrectoMundo; just because there is something under you changes nothing (Except WCH's valid point, it makes a HUUUUUUUGE mental difference). Ego's are silly things.
THe physics are the same! WOuld you have hit it if it were a gap with same launch and landing points?
absolutely I call it the "Pucker factor"......I could hit that all day long and jump 35 feet, but it isn't a 35 foot drop......people tell me they do fifteen foot drops and then ride our stuff and won't even hit a 4 foot drop....drops in my opinion are take off to top of landing...period

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Huck Banzai said:
Gravy - when you have no way to impact the argument via intellect - toss an insult out.

Im not a psycho - not trying MTB Vid size hucks like some, but very far from a sissy. Come ride with me - still want to make fun of me after? - all gravy.
lets just say Coma13 throws it down........from a spectator view that is what it sounds like by your post......

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
absolutely I call it the "Pucker factor"......I could hit that all day long and jump 35 feet, but it isn't a 35 foot drop......people tell me they do fifteen foot drops and then ride our stuff and won't even hit a 4 foot drop....drops in my opinion are take off to top of landing...period
How big a drop is the clutch in your measurment?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.