Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

ive got some intense dh 2.4 comp 60 tyres on my bike atm, and tbh i know nothing about them (they came with the bike) so i thought i would come ask you fellas a few things :p

seeing as i really cant be arsed taking my tyres off and weighing them individually, i was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if this is considered a "heavy" tyre by most standards?

also, im gonna be needing some new tyres soon enough. Could you recommend any 2.5 tyres that dont weigh masses and masses?

cheers :D

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
For what conditions?
Riding DH, AM, XC, DJ?

FWIW most "DH" tires are 1000+g, so you *can* find lighter tires, if you're not riding DH. From what I've heard, Intense tires are heavy even by DH standards (some go over 1500g)

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
type of riding i do, kinda "all free-ride" if thats even a term :rolleyes: jus bits of everything lol

im not a weight weeny xc rider, jus looking to save weight if i can :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
da_eddio said:
type of riding i do, kinda "all free-ride" if thats even a term :rolleyes: jus bits of everything lol

im not a weight weeny xc rider, jus looking to save weight if i can :thumbsup:
For most "AM" riding you might be fine with 2.3"-2.5" tires in the 800g range.
Kenda Nevegal/Blue Groove 2.35, 2.5
Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4?
Nokian Gazza/NBX Dual 2.5
Specialized Enduro D2 2.4?
Maxxis Minion F/R and High Roller 2.35 single ply (not big but popular with the AM crowd)
there are more I can't recall right now.

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the maxxis minion tyres i found are single ply, so im assuming they will weigh a touch less than the dual ply ones, hopefully around 1000grams if im lucky?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.