Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Stan has Intense tires on the NOT recommended list.

I'd like to try the Intense System 3 Semi Slicks on my Xmax SL UST rims as tubless with Stans rim strips, and fluid, etc.

Do you think that the UST rims would make it less likely that I'd have the blow off problem that others have experienced with Intense tires running tubless?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
intense

Sam Jones said:
I see that Stan has Intense tires on the NOT recommended list.

I'd like to try the Intense System 3 Semi Slicks on my Xmax SL UST rims as tubless with Stans rim strips, and fluid, etc.

Do you think that the UST rims would make it less likely that I'd have the blow off problem that others have experienced with Intense tires running tubless?

Thanks for your help.
I have run the intense systems 3 with stans on a 317 and a 717 rime with absolutly no problems.I love the tire.It is a semi slick but I get great traction running them on the rear.I have rear bias on my weight distribution I am sure tat helps out.I ride mostly xc but di thesouthern boundry in taos that has rocks a plenty with now problems.I think it must be the rubber coumpound or something but this is my favorite tire.Others I have ridden,hutch pythons,air lightr pythons,schwalbe racing ralph,wtb weirwolfs,mathis TT,panciers,and a couple of others I cant remember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.