Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Made in China
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 07 Spyder 29er frame to try out but could not get the Fox f29 to clear the down tube. It needed around 20mm of space to clear it.

Think WB fork might clear, but anyone else is having the same problem? What is your work around? I'm think just putting some rubber bumpers there.

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
20mm? I was going to suggest a raised fork race like is available for CK and other headsets but I am not sure if it is available in that much difference and that would amount to what almost 1 deg in head angle reduction?

edit: Ventana lists the 7mm race as their largest plus crown race.

·
Made in China
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rockcrusher said:
20mm? I was going to suggest a raised fork race like is available for CK and other headsets but I am not sure if it is available in that much difference and that would amount to what almost 1 deg in head angle reduction?

edit: Ventana lists the 7mm race as their largest plus crown race.
Ventana has the 7mm race and Canecreek s3 has a +5 headset but it still won't make up the space needed to clear the down tube. Yes the kings race does work with Cane Creek S3 and possibly other Cane Creek headsets.

So I guess I'll just put a regular s3 and strap some rubber bumper to the down tube. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.