Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Keep it coming.

It`s fun to watch this process unfold.I`m sure you will be very successful with this bike.Good luck.
Jeff
n10'sGuy said:
Proto #2: HA, ST changed. CS shortened. Waiting for new Reba Race.

·
No. Just No.
5,405 Posts
n10'sGuy said:
Proto #2: HA, ST changed. CS shortened.
Just for interest, can you tell us what the new numbers are, and the reasons that led you to the new numbers? Thanks!

P.S. The grey scale camo is pretty funky compared to the green. I think I'd almost ride that. ;)

·
This place needs an enema
17,432 Posts
n10'sGuy said:
Proto #2: HA, ST changed. CS shortened. Waiting for new Reba Race.
Great to hear that you're experimenting with the numbers before going to production. No better way to do it.

The Mavic wheelset you're using lacks a little in the lateral rigidity department. They're certainly rideable and lots of people get many miles out of theirs, but not optimal.

Just thought maybe you might wonder where some of the rear end wag was coming from!

I'd be happy to build you something more suited to the bike (in weight and lateral rigidity, not to mention bling) when you get to that point.

Follow the link below if interested.

MC

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
awesomeawesomeawesome!!!

WaH000000oooooooo!
Can't wait for more info. on the numbers, the ride characteristics and the how the new Reba compliments the front end.
Oh yeah, take mikesee up on his wheel offer!!

OGG

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Soupboy said:
of the rear tire clearance. Looks awfully tight.
I'll bet that with a photo in another direction, the clearance isn't as tight as it might seem. I cannot imagine Intense designing a bike with out factoring in clearence. Especially knowing they shortened the c/s on this prototype.

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Clearance, Clarence

shiggy said:
Just find some reviews on the 26" Spider. And remember: PROTOTYPE
I friend of mine has a 26 Spider and complains about how susceptible it is to junk damming up around the lower pivot/swingarm area. He's gonna try to fabricate something out of plastic to reduce the buildup.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
shiggy said:
Are you able to swap the rear triangle between the two proto frames to try the different geo. combo?
No not yet, this bike was just built Weds and will be ridden this weekend with the Reba from the other 29r, waiting to get more RS forks for side by side testing, R building a 26 spider with identical setups to side by side comparo.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.