Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
As I understand it was some legal wrangling

that brought a halt to the Intense shoes. Wrench @ my LBS has 2 prs of them & he told me about the situation. Hes considerin' sellin' his on e-bay.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ha, i bought 3 pairs from GO-ride 2 years ago. Now i am set for along time, they r the best shoes for DH you can find. I saw some site that had them online, they dont make them any more, so if u do find a pair/pairs, buy em up! i wanna say 123bikes, or bikesource had them, idk good luck

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Acadian said:
5.10 Impacts = discontinued
Intense Sticky shoes = discontinued

you can always get the same rubber and have some shoes resoled www.stealthrubber.com
Acadian is onto something - I bought the 661 Dually, but was having problems with the sole slipping off at bad times (like in the air while dirt jumping) - so I had a local boot repair place resole them with the exact 5.10 rubber sole that the Intense have (had) on them. I now have what I think are the best of both worlds - built-in ankle protection on a skate-style high-top AND a very sticky rubber sole that stays in place for freeriding & dirtjumping - the downside? makes for a very expensive pair of shoes....

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much did that kit cost? I have an old pair of 5.10 impacts that are litterally falling apart. After riding numerous other shoes nothing else compares to the grip of the stealth rubber and I'm considering getting a pair of shoes resoled for riding.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Garrett said:
How much did that kit cost? I have an old pair of 5.10 impacts that are litterally falling apart. After riding numerous other shoes nothing else compares to the grip of the stealth rubber and I'm considering getting a pair of shoes resoled for riding.
I went through a local boot resoler and it cost $40 for the kit put on my 661 shoes - you could do it cheaper yourself - if you know what you are doing

this site has a list of resolers all over that should be able to do it...it's the Stealth Dot sole...

http://www.stealthrubber.com/frames.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.