Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have an Intense Recluse 2018 and I was wondering what are some good recommendations for cheap platform pedals with metal pins. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
39,606 Posts
It doesn’t matter the brand or model of your bike to pick out your personal taste in pedals, just saying.

Reactions: Nicco L

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,222 Posts
It doesn’t matter the brand or model of your bike to pick out your personal taste in pedals, just saying.
Well, unless it came with SRAM carbon cranks, then you probably shouldn't run oneup aluminum pedals...

·
Registered
106 Posts
People earn their money, and spend it as they choose - But it also means that designer and name brand equipment is what some people want to purchase. I don't look down on - or look favoribly upon a "brand" (although i may compliment someone on a nice rig) but if it works well, and looks good I'm in, If it cost more than the K-Mart brand well that's my choice.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,571 Posts
People earn their money, and spend it as they choose - But it also means that designer and name brand equipment is what some people want to purchase. I don't look down on - or look favoribly upon a "brand" (although i may compliment someone on a nice rig) but if it works well, and looks good I'm in, If it cost more than the K-Mart brand well that's my choice.
you are about as clueless as to what is going on here as anyone could ever be....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Someone's raising their post count it seems
Been a member for quite some time (actually 3 years before you) I bought my bikes in 05-06 with the intent on getting back into MTB - Life seemed to have different plans for me. Now - Divorced, and my children and I are trying to slowly get back into riding, Nothing wrong with that is there? Everybodies post count starts at 0 - Only way to get involved is to add comments - right?

·
Registered
106 Posts
the point was simply that the bikes name is irrelevant for picking pedals that work for you. pedals also don't care what color the bike is or how much psi is in the tires...
I disagree! Picking pedals is a crucial component that is needed on a bike - Name brand and designer pedals are better than the cheap no name brand - as they use higher quality components and materials. Bike "names" are indeed important as some people like Ford and some people like Lamborghini - I ride Intense by choice - Is it better or worse than other brands, well that is a relative dynamic that can only be answered by the person writing the check. For me quality components are equally as important as the frame itself - Shimano XTR, Cane Creek, Crank Brother, Hope, Marzocchi, etc.. etc.. This is why we all are not driving a black model T - Different strokes for different folks - that is what keeps this industry alive.

·
Sneaker man
3,511 Posts
I think he was meaning that the pedals themselves, don't care what the bike is, they are just pedals, they work the same if it as intense or a yeti or a huffy, if it was red or blue...FS or HT, they don't care. They're just pedals.
You might get the wrong pedals for your riding style, or shoes, or feel etc, but again the pedals don't care.

They're just pedals.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think he was meaning that the pedals themselves, don't care what the bike is, they are just pedals, they work the same if it as intense or a yeti or a huffy, if it was red or blue...FS or HT, they don't care. They're just pedals.
You might get the wrong pedals for your riding style, or shoes, or feel etc, but again the pedals don't care.

They're just pedals.
That's ridiculous! It's like saying tires on a Bugatti Chiron are just tires. I do not agree. Pedals are a component just like a group set or a bottom bracket - some people are ok with Walmart quality, others won't even consider anything less than billet machined - others need higher quality for endurance or racing - It is a dynamic of what you want compared to what you are willing to spend

·
Sneaker man
3,511 Posts
Yes of course, but the pedals themselves get no say in the matter.
The is no law, and the pedals certainly don't get the choice, if you put $100 or $5 pedals on a $10,000 bike, or a $100 bike. It is not like the pedals wont fit, because of the bike brand (obviously there are a few thread variations to work with).That is entirely up to the owner.
And the same for cars, you could put the cheapest tyres you can find on a Bugatti (so long as they fit), why you would do that is beyond me, but you can...it might be stupid, there you go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes of course, but the pedals themselves get no say in the matter.
The is no law, and the pedals certainly don't get the choice, if you put $100 or $5 pedals on a $10,000 bike, or a $100 bike. It is not like the pedals wont fit, because of the bike brand (obviously there are a few thread variations to work with).That is entirely up to the owner.
And the same for cars, you could put the cheapest tyres you can find on a Bugatti (so long as they fit), why you would do that is beyond me, but you can...it might be stupid, there you go.
Well - Lucky for you only one company makes the tires for Bugatti - lol and there are no substitutes unless you get new rims.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts