Only 100 of these bad boys will be sold. For your $8000 you'll get a signed certificate of authenticity - and one seriously fun trail bike.
If you believe in the luck of the Irish - or just like all things green - you'll be intrigued by the latest offering from Intense. Following up on 2016's special edition DVO Tracer, Intense this week unveiled the Recluse DVO limited edition. DVO is of course a nod to the suspension. Each of the 100 available bikes (which come with a signed certificate) will be spec'd with the best from DVO, including color matched 150mm Diamond fork and 140mm DVO Topaz T3 Air shock.
Read Mtbr's first look at the Intense Recluse 140mm trail bike.
Other key spec on this playful and capable 27.5 trail bike includes SRAM Eagle X01 12-speed drivetrain, Magura MT Trail brakes, RockShox Reverb 150mm travel dropper post, Maxxis 2.3 High Roller II tires, and Intense Recon Trail Carbon wheels with 31mm inner depth rims and DT Swiss 350 Classic hubs. Price for all this green goodness is $8000. Of course you can also pick up a standard build and color Recluse, which comes in five price points from $4600 to $9500. If you're interested in one of these limited edition bikes, get hold of your local Intense dealer (or Intense HQ if there's not a dealer in your area). And don't dally. Figure they will all be spoken for in about a month.
Press play to see the bike in action and then keep scrolling for more beauty shots of the DVO edition and to see a complete spec rundown.
Key measures include a 66-degree head angle, 75-degree effective seat tube angle, and stubby 419mm chainstays.
The 150mm DVO Diamond fork's lowers are painted to match the limited edition Intense Recluse frame.
The highly adjustable 140mm DVO Topaz T3 Air piggyback shock has one of the largest air volumes on the market.
Whatever the color, the Intense Recluse is a highly capable 140mm 27.5 trail bike that can scoot up climbs and thrash techy descents.
Maxxis 27.5x2.3 High Roller tires are wrapped around Intense Recon Trail Carbon wheels with a 31mm inner rim width.
For the tidy sum of $8000 one of these bad boys can be yours. Just don't delay. They're only selling 100 of them, so figure they'll all be spoken for within a month.
The Recluse is available in four sizes (S, M, L, XL), with wheelbase measures of 1142mm, 1169mm, 1196mm, and 1222mm respectively.
Intense Recluse DVO Edition Complete Spec
- Frame: SL Monocoque UD Carbon Front and Rear Triangle, i-BOX Pivot System, Downtube Flak Guard Armor, Internal Derailleur, Brake and Dropper Post Routing, Ti Hardware, ISCG 05 Mount, 140mm travel
- Front Suspension: DVO Diamond 27.5, Air, 150mm, Boost 110x15mm
- Rear Suspension: DVO Topaz T3 Air, 200x57mm, 140mm travel
- Wheels: Intense Recon Trail Carbon 27.5, 31mm inner rim width, 26mm depth, 28-hole F/R, DT Swiss 350 Classic hubs, 6-bolt, boost spacing, SRAM XD
- Tires: Maxxis 27.5x2.30 High Roller II
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- Crank: SRAM X01 Carbon Eagle Boost GXP 175mm, 34T
- Cassette: SRAM X01 Eagle 12sp, 10-50T
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- Saddle: Fabric Scoop Radius Elite w/cr-mo rails
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6mm, 150mm dropper
- Handlebar: Renthal Fatbar Lite DH 780mm x 20mm alloy
- Stem: Intense Recon Elite 50mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series
- Brakeset: Magura MT Trail hydraulic disc, 6-bolt, 180mm rotors front/rear
- Price: $8000
For more info check out www.intensecycles.com.