Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Intense fans,

I am Intense Cycles proud Director of Operations. One year ago, I joined the Intense team because of their dedication and support of Made in the USA product. When I step onto the production floor each day, I am still in awe that we make these world class bikes right here in Temecula, CA. From CNC machining and welding to final assembly, Intense has truly made a mark on the bicycle industry.

I joined Intense for one reason: to improve their operations for you, the customer. Today, I have the pleasure to tell you that all of the improvements we have made have finally paid off. Three of our favorite models: The Uzzi VP, Tracer VP, and Spider 2 have all had their MSRP's reduced because of the savings we have made out on the floor. Here's the breakdown:

Uzzi VP Old MSRP: $2,420USD New MSRP: $2,199USD
Tracer VP Old MSRP: $2,280USD New MSRP: $1,999USD
Spider 2 Old MSRP: $1,999USD New MSRP: $1,899USD

I don't want this message to be taken lightly. This is not all we've improved at Intense. We continue to improve our product each and every day. We continue to develop new models for your enjoyment. On the back-end, we've increased the headcount in our customer service department to help our customers through any questions they may have. We've widened our domestic dealer base to service more demand than we've ever had before. And the list goes on...

I can't wait for Interbike this year so we can show you what we've got in store for 2011. I hope to see you there.

Best wishes,

Jeff Moates
Director of Operations

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
Wish ya'll were attending outerbike. I would love to get a ride on the Tracer 29.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Great job on cost reduction; that is drastic! As a person who has forwarded his paycheck over the past five years to Intense, this is good news. Hopefully you still are maintaining proper margins to keep up customer service and keep the owner happy! I am more than happy to pay for a unique product like Intense.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
VERY cool. Love to see manufacturers working to make their domestic operation more efficient rather than running off to asia like lemmings. Well done!!

·
ride
5,274 Posts
I was super stoked when I heard the news. As if Intense didn't kick enough ass allready. :)

·
Gnarbar
320 Posts
ProductionMGR said:

I don't want this message to be taken lightly. This is not all we've improved at Intense. We continue to improve our product each and every day. We continue to develop new models for your enjoyment. On the back-end, we've increased the headcount in our customer service department to help our customers through any questions they may have. We've widened our domestic dealer base to service more demand than we've ever had before. And the list goes on...

Hi Jeff,

Congrats and well done. I think you've undersold yourself there.

Intense riders are a very dedicated bunch and I think we'd like to know more of the inner workings of the Intense machine. What else did you achieve ? Don't be shy, some self promotion is more than deserved.

Personally I'd like to hear something more concrete about the planned M9 production dates.

And WLTS sales of soft goods outside of the US.

Apart from that, carry on !

·
Registered
373 Posts
SSINGA said:
Wish ya'll were attending outerbike. I would love to get a ride on the Tracer 29.
I thought I replied to this....but here I go again;

We ARE going to be at outerbike. I have not seen their full schedule yet, but we also have some tracer29ers in the new SRAM demo vans, east coast and west coast. They are hitting up 200 dealers this summer and fall, perhaps outerbike too.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
steadite said:
VERY cool. Love to see manufacturers working to make their domestic operation more efficient rather than running off to asia like lemmings. Well done!!
+1. Great to see US companies getting better at what they do rather than offshoring like *other* brands. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
V.P. said:
finally, im from the EU and the prices are ridicules high, check out CRC as an example:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46738

I see myself as the kind of costumer Intense targets, and would love to buy an intense frame, but at these prices, there are so many other frames that can do the job, and leave me some spare for new gear as well.
Dude, That is still cheap compared to the aussie prices. When i was looking at getting my tracervp, the aussie RRP was $au3800, cheapest anyone would go was $au3500. Luckily i had a friend in the states, so i bought it from the states and had him ship it to me.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
stiksandstones said:
I thought I replied to this....but here I go again;

We ARE going to be at outerbike. I have not seen their full schedule yet, but we also have some tracer29ers in the new SRAM demo vans, east coast and west coast. They are hitting up 200 dealers this summer and fall, perhaps outerbike too.
Any chance we can see a schedule of east coast stops?

·
Intense Uzzer
401 Posts
TOU93 said:
Dude, That is still cheap compared to the aussie prices. When i was looking at getting my tracervp, the aussie RRP was $au3800, cheapest anyone would go was $au3500. Luckily i had a friend in the states, so i bought it from the states and had him ship it to me.
In this dubious race to the worst over-pricing I think I`ve got you all beat here in Japan: the criminal Intense `distributor` in my country (FunFancy) charges the following for framesets:

M6 us$5645
SS us$4332
Tracer us$4078

That`s 4600 Aussie dollars for a Tracer. Remember, these are frameset prices, not full builds. Worse, this company which is the sole distributor for Japan, REFUSED to import a large Uzzi for me earlier this year (only S, M in Japan) so I got mine from a US internet store. Now that I toasted my G3 dropout last week (us$250 for drive side only, here in Japan from Funfancy) I called them and THEY REFUSED to sell me a new dropout: they only provide parts, service or advice for people who bought their frames from them. They demand to know the serial number before they will do anything, and if they didn`t sell it, f-off. They actually say, `This is INTENSE JAPAN, not Intense USA. `

Intense, you need a real distributor in Japan, not these arrogant criminals. How about Mom and Pops - they sell Fox, Straightline, Thomson, etc, and they`re prices are right where they should be.....

Thread hijack; sorry.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
As far as prices in other countries, it would be interesting to know how much of it has to do with import duties and taxes and how much of it is the middle-man taking a cut...I bet it's more to do with taxes.

·
Intense Uzzer
401 Posts
In Japan at least it`s all about the middle man. Like I said, you can get Fox, Thomson, etc for the same prices as in the US, with only a slight upcharge. The new FOX 36s are all around $US 1000. Thomson posts around $90.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts