Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beauty belongs to a Go-Ride local customer. It has been coming together for a couple weeks. Finally rounded up all the bits and pieces, and here she is, in all her majesty. . .

The build started with a Blue Chrome Intense M9 Frame
Add in a Kashima Coat Fox 40
and then the rest of the bits. . .
Shock: Fox DHX RC4
Headset: Cane Creek AngleSet
Bars: Deity Blacklabel
Stem: Deity Fantom Direct Mount
Grips: Deity Classic
Brakes: Saint 810
Saddle: SDG
Cranks: Shimano Saint
Guide: e.13 LG1+
Ring: e.13 Ring
Pedals: Point One Racing
Shifter: Shimano Saint
Derailleur: Shimano Saint
Wheels: Deemax
Tires: Maxxis Minion UST 2.5
Originally the plan was to have the links custom painted in yellow, and add on the yellow Deemax wheels. When the frame showed up and we saw how cool it was with the silver links, we just had to go with it. Made a few minor adjustments in the spec, and came up with this. Not too shabby.
(We were too excited to ride it to bother with cutting down the brake lines. Don't worry, we will get to it
)

·
Shut up and RIDE!
222 Posts
what's the rider's weight and what spring rate will be used? thanks

ps: your m9 looks awesome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there, i just built my M9 (with a CCDB) up with a 300x3 Spring at 8.5 LINEAR (upper leverage ratio) travel . I tried around with the setup recommended by CC
HSC (Revolutions In) - 1.75
LSC (Clicks In) - 14

...HSR (Revolutions In) - 2
LSR (Clicks In) - 17

but either the setup doesnt suit 8,5 and linear (maybe i should change back to middle leverage ratio) or i am too stupid i weigh around 77 kg / 170 lbs and the 350 lbs spring was to hard for me so this time 300.
As a fork i use a Marzocchi Evo Ti 2010 with the standard coil (and it fits perfect cause i ride the bike with my upper body nearly over the fork (frontish ?! but in turn with less weight on the rear shock.

Maybe the riders with equal weight could send me their experiences or setups. Iam sorry if i posted it in the wrong thread - if needed pls transfer it to the right one. Thx a lot guys

·
Registered
490 Posts
Beautyiest! My next Intense will definitely be blue.

·
slap happy
417 Posts
ok i know this is an old thread, but based on who started the thread....well i'm hoping to get an answer here.

i bought an El Cuervo from go-ride last week and got it thursday. first off, wow, what a bike. 2nd, wow, fast shipping and they actually called me to ask my weight and riding style....so props to them for that.

here's where i'm a bit ticked off. not one owners/user manual included in the whole package. i just dropped $3000+ for a bike, that came with no documentation at all. is this normal for go-ride, or did they just forget to include the manuals?
also, this bike came with a boxxer r2c2...which i thought included two extra tuning springs. these were not included.

i emailed go-ride thursday night, no reply. emailed them again this morning, but it's sunday and i doubt anyone is working today.

i'd just like to have the literature that comes with all the components i bought with the bike...and my boxxer springs (seems i may need the soft coil...and i should not have to buy it).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Go Ride is a great shop. They even have this cool new thing called a telephone. You should try using it vs. mucking up another beautiful build thread. 801-474-0081.

ok i know this is an old thread, but based on who started the thread....well i'm hoping to get an answer here.

i bought an El Cuervo from go-ride last week and got it thursday. first off, wow, what a bike. 2nd, wow, fast shipping and they actually called me to ask my weight and riding style....so props to them for that.

here's where i'm a bit ticked off. not one owners/user manual included in the whole package. i just dropped $3000+ for a bike, that came with no documentation at all. is this normal for go-ride, or did they just forget to include the manuals?
also, this bike came with a boxxer r2c2...which i thought included two extra tuning springs. these were not included.

i emailed go-ride thursday night, no reply. emailed them again this morning, but it's sunday and i doubt anyone is working today.

i'd just like to have the literature that comes with all the components i bought with the bike...and my boxxer springs (seems i may need the soft coil...and i should not have to buy it).

·
slap happy
417 Posts
Go Ride is a great shop. They even have this cool new thing called a telephone. You should try using it vs. mucking up another beautiful build thread. 801-474-0081.
why call and get charged for long distance, VS using this cool new thing called internet & forums?
the reason i put it on this thread is that the OP works for go-ride. email failed, so this is next. if need be, i'll call.
YOU sir, are a stupid twat and if you don't have anything helpful to add, go away. it's people like you who give this forum the bad rep it has.

oh, and as a matter of fact i didn't say go-ride was a bad shop, quite the opposite, i was very surprised they called me to finalize the order and ask my weight/riding habits so as to tune the rear shock for me. these posts are not a dig at go-ride in any way...just trying to contact them and/or find out if they usually ship out bikes with no manuals (as i suspect some smaller companies do).

·
slap happy
417 Posts
istandalone,

My sincere apologies for not replying to your e-mail sooner. I've sent a response over, and hopefully explained all your concerns.

Thanks,
Von Williams
Go-Ride
got the email, thanks.
it's all good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Such a good looking bike! I just picked up an M9 from Go Ride last night and I can't say enough about how patient those guys were with all my stupid questions and time spent fondling different frames. Even though they were really busy they never got pushy or tried to sell me something I didn't want, so I would highly recommend them. I got the flat black M9 and once it is together I'll put some photos up here. It won't be quite as sweet looking as this one because a lot of the parts are used but it should be pretty mean looking none the less. Can't wait to ride it and then start figuring out what the settings do.

·
slap happy
417 Posts
the m9 is flatout the best looking DH frame in existence (imo). and yes go-ride is a great company, top notch.
i won't hesitate to order from them again when i'm ready for another frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts