Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i bought myself a used frame from a friend who had the bike 1 week but wanted his old bike back, his bike happened to be the M6! AMAZING DEAL!:thumbsup: so i dont know whether i can do drops and stuff on it just around like 7 foot rock drops considering it is a race only bike. what do you guys think? surely it will be but i dont want to take my new frame off some drop and learn it was a terrible idea. thanks and ill post up my bike pics as sson as its done.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
lol... I think your M6 will be able to handle what ever drop you can throw at it.. Just my opinion..

If you are still worried,... I have a Bottle Rocket I will trade ya.... lol..

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
I hit plenty of drops, 5/10/15ft and my SS laps it up, if i had to pick a bike to do just that, i'd pick an M6. The Intense riders i ride with here, LBS Sponsered, all ride M6's and give them a damn good beating and they too lap it up. Don't be fooled by the FRO (For Race Only) moniker, its marketing only, my SS is a FRO and its tough as nails.

Don't fret (Or listen to the mocking if not slightly funny comments on this thread) you M6 will do it all in its stride.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
And I thought he was going to ask about the replaceable drop outs on back and whether he should use a 135 or 150 mm axle.

I think 9.3" of travel would equate to being able to do drops ok;)

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
boogenman said:
I have done 10-12 ft drops in races with no problems and I am a big boy. Your bike might explode, I heard some of the M6's are really spiders.
Your M6 only held together on that drop because you were racing it... the same drop, the next day, outside of the tape, and you would be one M6 poorer than you were the day before. FRO man.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.