Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ride fun
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frame: Intense M1 ($650 w/ Fox vanilla RC titanium)
Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer Team '08 ($600)
Rear Suspension: Fox Vanilla RC with Ti spring
Brakes: Shimano Deore LX Hydro with 8" front and back ($150 for whole kit)
Wheelset: Mavic Deemax! 08 with deemax hubs($350 with tires)
Tires: Kenda Excavator tubeless in front (new) and maxxis minion DH in back
Handlebar: Easton EA30 ($30)
Cranks: Truvativ husslefelt with e13 chainguide and bashguard ($80)
Or buy complete bike for $1600

or a rocky mountain fatline 2008 demo bike, with marzocchi 888 bomber and fox dhx 5.0 it is 1600dlls

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
O.K., first of all, the bike in the link is not an M1. It is an Intense made Haro DHR. They have not the one piece rocker link and are not as stiff as a normal M1. Geometry and suspension action is identical to the older style M1s (2000, 2001 model years), very nice riding bikes for the time. Those frames are pretty light and therefor have issues with cracking, especially at the head tube and the dropouts, if ridden hard for 3+ seasons. Intense and Haro have no spare parts for these frames anymore. 3-4 years ago one of the big online dealers was selling those Haro frames for dirt cheap, I think in the 900-1100 $ range, can't remember. So 650 is too steep for the frame I think.
Unless you know that the previous owner is a super smooth rider and have no problems with buying a frame that you can't get any spares for, I wouldn't touch it. The parts spec looks decent though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the flatline is a sweeeeeet bike although its a freakin tank.. i would go with the rocky since its a lot newer of a bike

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,748 Posts
I have the same exact Flatline model. (It's the 3.) I love it, but make sure you have somewhere to ride it fast. That's what it loves to do... Great price for it too!

Couple pics of mine: :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
The M1 is a bit dated. Aluminum fatigues and eventually fails. I'd carefully inspect the frame for signs of stress.

Some of the M1s didn't have a replaceable derailleur hanger. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Flatline all the way. Newer parts and better suspension. You better get on that bike soon before the deal is gone. New that was over $3000. Well worth the asking price.

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
I demoed a Flatline for Northstar and hit some shuttle trails and loved it, I think I just came across a bike that fit me really well and rode to my style. Railed the berms, felt a bit heavy launching. . . Cockpit is pretty small, guessing the tt length is shorter. . . The day before I was on a Gambler and the two were night and day, I felt much better on the RM. . .

All that said I've never ridden an m1 so Im of no use. . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts