Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as to what people's experiences here have been with Intense Customer Service. I'm looking at picking up a new bike this spring, and I'm in the research/test ride phase. I've test ridden a Santa Cruz Nomad and Blur LT, and while the Nomad's slack geometry wasn't my cup of tea, the BLT really impressed me. Unfortunately, the nearest SC dealer is 60+ miles away. I thought I'd also try out a 6.6 and a 5.5 since a LBS carries Intense bikes. The steeper head tube on the 6.6 really got me curious as to how it performed vs. the Nomad. So, today I finally got ahold of the LBS, and to my dismay, learned that they've dropped Intense because they supposedly had issues with Intense customer service. They said the turn around on phone calls placed to Intense to get replacement bearings, pivots, bushings, etc. was typically more than 2 weeks, and it put them in a bad position with customers... So instead, he tried to sell me on a Maverick ML8 or a Turner 6 Pack... meh.

I really liked the VPP suspension on the Santa Cruz bikes that I test rode, and would like to check out Intense's take on VPP, but I'm in a position now where there's no dealer nearby and I'll have to drive a long ways for a test ride, which doesn't really seem like it would be worth the trouble if Intense's customer service is as bad as the LBS claims it is, so what have your experiences been?

·
Registered
200 Posts
warranty repaint job

took my front triangle (warranty repaint) 10wks. whew!!! that means that's how complicated their front triangle is :mad: . how bout check on turner or SC how long they'r going to handle this kind of issue. probably a max of 4wks. but if u have that patience, go for intense. i love my bike so much, that i gave my 5.5 a new life. new rear shox (Pushed) and a 06 Marz AM1, thru the courtesy of my fave guy here...Bortis Yeltzin. he's d guy...he's d man!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
WANTED: customer service w/ experienced

:mad: i had my 5.5 repainted and need a new decal. i contact customer service to have a form 2 fill up and 2 my surprised the guy forgot it. i"ve been waiting for a week with nothing..... the guy right there is so rude n" stupid.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've never had a problem with service. I returned a cracked Spider and got a new front, bearings, and refreshed matching swingarm in two weeks. maybe good timing. nice response for pivot bolts also but didn't think I should have had to pay for them.

no company is perfect. I also own some cannondales and sometimes all was great other times a bit slow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about the Intense product support and customer service. I just received my front triangle warranty replacement and the process was smooth and efficient. Great communication and fast shipping. :D Its too bad others have had problems. That was certainly not the case for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Only great things to say here.

I have had only good experience with Intense's custmer service. In fact Nick and Chris have been great. I do not want to go into any great details, but lets just say Nick and the team at Intense went above and beyond the call to duty. They worked with my lbs and myself until I was completly satisified with my purchas. And everytime I called I was able to speak with Nick or Chris. Great job guys on the customer service..... I love my new 5.5.
Best Reguards Brian (Crying Brian) From Spartanburg S.C. And Also cudos to the guys at Carolina Fatz in Asheville NC.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Nothing but good things here, too. Before I carried Intense at the shop, I was a Tracer owner. They were alway prompt and helpful whenever I needed anything (bolts, bearings, etc). Besides making kickass frames, that's a big reason I got on board. I've now been dealing with Nick and Chad for a few months and everything's been as expected.

·
Trail Rider
914 Posts
I've had generally good CS with them

They are a small company and sometimes it takes time for them to get back to you. When you call and get someone, they always have the answer. Sometimes, around the times of big races or bike events, it takes time for them to get back to you. They even called me back at home on a question. I had a problem getting bearings for my Tracer through a LBS. It took over a month. I went down to a bearing place after a few days and bought 2 non full compliment bearings to keep me on the trail. I called after a week(LBS) and they told me Intense ships parts when they ship frames to them. My LBS is a big mail order place also.I insisted after over 3 weeks, that they call and find out what was the holdup. Two days later I got the bearings. I don't know if it was the LBS or Intense, that dropped the ball. By the way, those regular type bearings work great and I haven't touched them since I installed them. They seem to be working great.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
You get those stories from LBS's at times to cover their own asses. I've heard shops say the same exact things about Santa Cruz and other boutique brands, and don't get me started on bigger companies like Trek or Cannondale- they can take eons.

My direct experience with Intense was very good. Sent an e-mail one evening, got a call the next day from Chad and Nick. Had a replacement part in the mailbox when I came home two days after that.

It is still a small company, and I can see how (because they're a small company, and can't always keep all replacement parts in stock in all sizes) if you needed something they don't have, they might need to wait until it's time to do a run of those frames before they make a replacement for you. That's the nature of buying a high-end boutique product.

So there are always going to be a few guys who have bad experiences from waiting, but the bulk of experiences with them are very good...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jbogner said:
You get those stories from LBS's at times to cover their own asses.
That's kind of what I suspect, as this LBS has on more than one occasion dropped the ball in dealing with friends of mine, which is why I posed the question here.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Without going into too much detail, Intense (nick specifically) bent over backwards in my opinion to help me out with getting a nasty frame purchase resolved. A misunderstanding or just a straight out case of dishonesty on the part of someone not associated with intense, left me with an unusable frame. Intense went out of their way to remedy the situation. Nothing but good things to say so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
kidwoo said:
Without going into too much detail, Intense (nick specifically) bent over backwards in my opinion to help me out with getting a nasty frame purchase resolved. A misunderstanding or just a straight out case of dishonesty on the part of someone not associated with intense, left me with an unusable frame. Intense went out of their way to remedy the situation. Nothing but good things to say so far.
I had exactly the same scenario. Again, Intense bent over backwards to help me out. Spencer had a replacement headed my way within days.

Lesson learned: Support your LBS. No more internet frames for me. Bad experience.

Thankfully there are reputable companies out there, like Intense, who go out of their way to make a bad experience a little less painfull.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here is our phone # 951-296-9596

If you need to get in touch with us, please call us. We pride ourselves with our response time in dealing with customers. We stand behind the fact that customers can get a hold of someone at our company within a resonable amount of time during our business hours. Our business hours are: 8:00am - 4:30pm PST. Please be sure to check out our new website, it is a good source of information for our customers!

Intense Cycles: (951)296-9596

You may also contact us via email: [email protected]

Regards,

:)

Intense Cycles

·
Death By Snoo Snoo
321 Posts
I concur...

I have had really good experiences with Intense CS, Nick turned around a crash replacement within 2 days during the week of Interbike. He responded very quickly to my calls and emails.

muddywings said:
Intense Good
me loyal customer
I like!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
my experience's with intense have only been at an enquiry stage but theve been more helpful than most manufactures and certainly better than the big players.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They changed my spider's damaged front triangle: it tokks 6 weeks but I live overseas and communication went often down! Definetly a right experience, in consideration of they are a very small company and sometimes they falin confusion. Moreover the people from Intense Care let me not send them back none damaged part!!!
THANX IC

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
I haven't had any warranty work that has needed to be done, but everytime I've called to ask questions in regards to picking out frame size, or just general questions they have helped me and stayed on the phone until all my questions were anwered. I ordered bearings and a sticker kit directly from them and it got here as promised. Also, I have spoken recently with them in regards to some different shock options for their bikes, and they really are going the extra mile to investigate newer and better offerings for their frames to make the end consumer more satisfied. Pretty cool company. I'm sure with any company, especially smaller ones, that there are going to be hick ups. Think about it, their strengths are designeing and building frames and supporting racers to promote their frames. Especially during summer months they may be a little short handed to keep up with CS issues. So, for what it's worth, if they are willing to help out with warranty and customer service issues, which is the toilet work so to speak, but continue to build a heck of a product, then I am all for them. IMO that is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts