Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. Bought a Intense Carbine 275 carbon bike few months ago, recently only i found out the BB part of the frame got a deep scratches.

Anyone have the same problem? I'm using shimano XT 3x10 crank. attached is the photo that show the scratches.

The bike shop staff told me is normal for this model, is the sand that make the scratch while riding,(even i ask one of my friend that having the same bike also have a same problem but don't know it until i show it to him) when i ask the solution from the staff, they ask me to change the crank set.

Why in the first place they sell it with the Shimano Deore XT groupset if it is not suitable for the frame? Can i ask for warranty exchange??

Please, can anyone help?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
kneecap
1,639 Posts
Mine did the same, & to add it also had contact at that plastic bearing protector for the lower link! I ended up fabricating a thin spacer for the crank shaft to space it out a few mms Works, but kinda hokey..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Either ditch the granny gear or do as kneecap add a 1.5mm on the drive side behind the bb cup.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have your check with Intense for the solution? Or did your try ask for a replacement? Coz the newer version don't have this kind of problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I had that problem with an XTR M970 crank. There is a kittle bit of extra ring that you can grind off for added clearance.

·
whatever she says gueuze.
370 Posts
I switched my carbine to a 24T granny and it cleared the bb so you can try that and it's much cheaper than buying a new crankset and easier than removing the bb and pressing it back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts