Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do others see the similarities between the Nomad and the 6.6 slopestyle. I can't see how anybody in there right mind can't see that they essentially copied the Nomad.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Yeah, I mentioned this to tscheezy on the AM forum on a Nomad vs. RFX thread. It's certainly not an exact copy by all the numbers, but it's close to the Nomad for sure. Seems like a good idea to me. Most people agree that the 6.6 is a little more trail oriented than a Nomad...I disagree to some extent...I think they're both trail bikes...so it seems logical for Intense to roll out a more aggressive bike and geometry setup. Looks like a good bike.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good

TNC said:
Yeah, I mentioned this to tscheezy on the AM forum on a Nomad vs. RFX thread. It's certainly not an exact copy by all the numbers, but it's close to the Nomad for sure. Seems like a good idea to me. Most people agree that the 6.6 is a little more trail oriented than a Nomad...I disagree to some extent...I think they're both trail bikes...so it seems logical for Intense to roll out a more aggressive bike and geometry setup. Looks like a good bike.
Definitely good bike for sure, the reason I posted it was because different companies are known for their own takes on geometry and such, in this case I think it was a case of let's try to bridge the gap between the 6.6 and the Nomad ,after all most people that have ridden both including me, have found that spec identically the 6.6 is steeper and rides more XC like than the Nomad. Another thing that I found on the 6.6, maybe is just me, but the rear end seemed to flex laterally more than the Nomad which is stiff as can be. I like Intense frames a lot, althougth I think that the original retro designs were better looking than the newer stuff, is just that S/C and Intense are starting to look like twin companies.
Blur=Spider
Blur LT= 5.5
6.6= xxx
6.6 slope=Nomad
VPX= Free
V10= M3

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
And he would be very, very wrong. While the VPX may be a bit different from the Free (travel mostly and geometry), it is much closer to it than the SOCOM. The SOCOM is lighter, lower (much), and slacker.

·
Registered
557 Posts
gkler said:
Is it just me or do others see the similarities between the Nomad and the 6.6 slopestyle. I can't see how anybody in there right mind can't see that they essentially copied the Nomad.
Umm where have you been?
the Intense 6.6 is virtually identical to the Nomad when the same fork isused, as reviews in mags such as Dirt will attest.

The SS version is a whole new beast, lower bb, steeper head angle.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
robbieracer said:
The SS version is a whole new beast, lower bb, steeper head angle.
lol.....gkler i'd like you to tell us all what exactly about the SS is so similar to the Nomad, and how you got such info. without any info, you sound like a fcuking idiot.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
The Slopestyle can't take a front der, and it has replaceable dropouts in back allowing either 135 or 150mm spacing. It hardly seems to be vying for the same market niche as either the Nomad or 6.6. It has a longer top tube than the 6.6 though. Weird.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Despite geometry issues i think the 6.6 is better compared to the Nomad than the slope style because of intended purpose. Likewise santacruz doesn't have anything like the SOCOM or most of the FRO models yet. The FRO models of intense are very specialized and purpose oriented while most of the santacruzs are deisigned to be as versatile as posible so comparing them dosn't work too well.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
tscheezy said:
The Slopestyle can't take a front der, and it has replaceable dropouts in back allowing either 135 or 150mm spacing. It hardly seems to be vying for the same market niche as either the Nomad or 6.6. It has a longer top tube than the 6.6 though. Weird.
Nice to see you've still got the eagle eye; thanks for pointing out the Slopestyle can't take a front dérailleur; I will cease looking at this bike with lust in my eyes:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.