Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Integrated headset for Jamis Dakar...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mtnbiker62 
#1 ·
I had an '03 Jamis Dakar Sport and it developed some cracking in the frame. The dealer took it in and said he'd see if Jamis would replace it. The good news is that Jamis did replace it with a new frame (an '04, from what I understand). The dealer, though, said that there was a difference between the '03 and 04 frames...the 04 has an integrated headset and since they (the dealer) didn't have any in stock, I'd have to buy a new headset so they could build the bike (with my old components).

The question is...what is the best integrated headset for the '04 frame? I don't want to go cheap but I also don't want to get cutting edge, lightest weight stuff. Just something that is high quality, won't cause problems and will last a long time. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
Zero Stack not integrated

Don't confuse the two types of headsets; they are not interchangeable. I have had good luck with the Cane Creek ZS-2 headset in my XLT 1.0. I think they also make a ZS-6, that upgrades the bearings (I think) from the ZS-2. A good explanation of the difference can be found at http://www.canecreek.com/site/product/headset/info/tech.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.