Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve wanted an evil bike for a long time. I’ve been watching the insurgent frame on evo and thinking of pulling the trigger. Then today they lowered the price to $999 and I jumped. This will be the first bike I build from scratch. I’m mechanically inclined and have a lot of tools so I am fairly confident I can handle it. I do however have a couple of questions because I am a bike building noob.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/mountain...MI1vnkr9OV5QIVzh-tBh2GzweJEAQYASABEgKhl_D_BwE

Does this frame come with a headset installed? It says it comes with, Headset: FSA Integrated Tapered No.57/68

I am assuming that is in integrated headset. And if that’s the case, does that have the bearings inside too, or is it just the cups?

Also, what is the steering tube length I will need for it? I’ve found a few lightly used Fox 34 forks online that have obviously been cut to size. I just thought I’d ask what size I’d be looking for so I can look for something at least that long.

And one probably stupid question: the rear axle is 10x142. So non-boost. Can I run a boost in the front? I’ve found a lot of 15x110 forks. I assume I can since it’s independent of the rear wheel.

Thanks for your time. I’m pretty excited to get it and build it over the winter then jump on it come spring.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It has headset installed, bearings and crown race included.

Fork steerer length, it depends on frame size and stem height, but you want about 7 inches.

You can run boost front. Only thing is the wheels will not be a set if you buy/sell both. Also for a six bolt hub you can buy boost adapter on eBay for cheap, in case you have non boost set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts