Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if there are any options for bike insurance when traveling? I plan to hop around Europe next year. I've purchased a Dakine roller bag so I can pack up my mtb and check it as luggage at the airport.

So if, for example, I take a flight from Paris to Ukraine and the Ukraine airport tells me that my bike bag has disappeared, then is there any type of insurance that I could purchase ahead of time which would reimburse me for the cost of my bike in this scenario?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
One I'm aware of is travel insurance which will cover, among other things, lost luggage and personal effects up to some limit depending on the plan. Arguably the more valuable coverage in these plans is emergency medical and medical evac and transportation.

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
Go to Google.com, type "bike insurance when traveling". Then left click on one of the thousands of options.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
^^^ That's actually the best answer for any questions posed in these forums, but where would that leave us cognoscenti? We'd have no questions to answer and nobody to impress with our vast knowledge and mastery of the subject.

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
If the OP asked something like, "I'll be traveling with my bike and have checked out insurance co.'s "A" "B" and "C". Anyone have any experience with these co.'s?", then it would show effort on behalf of the poster. Usually, in my experience, someone comes on, asks a question, and then every 3-17 posts the OP (not this specific OP) adds a tidbit of information that the community could have used earlier, and that negates many of the previous posts.

OP, if you do a little research using the parameters that you need to cover, you may find all the info you need to make an informed decision. This forum doesn't have all the info to make an informed response. But we love to respond. So helps us so we may help you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.