Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VMB
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a Manitou Black Comp on my Instigator and would like to upgrade. The bike is mainly used as a trail rig and occasionally for some urban/road/street riding. The current frok is very harsh. I'd like to find something that doesn't beat the snot out of me when I ride. All input is appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd look into a Rock Shock Reba. I run one on my Trek Fuel and love it. I've bee riding it for 7months and I have no complaints.

·
VMB
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I know I'll like it thats the problem. If I had a few hundred bucks laying around I'd get one. I'll see what I can do with the black for now. I'm rebuilding it so we'll see how it runs then. Its not my primary ride so I'm not too concerned...just for mussin around.

·
VMB
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surly,
Surly recommends a fork of 100-130 for the instigator, they said to go longer or shorter would throw off the geometry. Any problems while climbing, decending or balance with the higher center of gravity?

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
There are a couple of other instigator threads within the last 6 months that have lots of feedback on forks. Personally a 110-130mm fork with 500-520a-c is a good range to look at on an Instigator IME.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
i've got an adjustable 105-120 on mine running at 120. seems about right....

·
******-fied facsimiles
399 Posts
I pushed it..........

I was aware of what surly recomended but wanted that fork on that bike, it was one of the best trail bikes i ever owned. I never used the eta, friends would ride it and use the eta and said it pedaled great uphill. it ripped down hill as well, slack headtube angle and 2.6 tires made it into a rocket.
I was used to the ht angle cuz of other bikes I own, so it wasnt a bother to me at all. riding weight was about 36#.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
looks sweet!

and you parked next to a wild christmas tree....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts