Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda new to Fox forks, but I have plenty of time pulling apart SRAM and Manitou forks.

So I just ordered a Fractiv kit for my Fox 36, planning to install it along with a Push ACS3 Coil.

The coil is pretty straightforward, but after reading through the Fox Damper rebuild instructions I'm thinking, whoa, is this thing worth it.

So, anyone done this thing, any advice, or special tools I absolutely should have at hand before undertaking the mod?

I'm fairly skilled, just haven't had a fox damper apart before and the list of tools and parts is kinda extensive compared to SRAM.

·
Premium Member
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well worth doing. But install isn't a walk in the park.

Getting the FIT damper to unscrew at the right point is half the battle. If you don't have clamp blocks this may not be that easy.
Okay, so clamp block is essential, thanks Dougal.

I don't mind paying for it to be done, but locally I'm not sure we have a tuner thatI'd trust, but I'll check around.

I trust myself, but once you get all the special tools it gets t be nearly as expensive as having it done.

Dougal, you should move to Nevada, gambling, prostitution, marijuana, and alcohol 24/7, and we have good mountain biking; and then you could tune my fork ;)

·
Premium Member
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't the fractive kit get installed by vorsprung or a partner tuner?
and so there is, pretty close to me, so off it goes, gotta use a 29er 140mm Pike in the meantime, similar A-C to my 27.5 160 Fox 36, but it'll ride a little wierd.

Pretty excited to see how it rides

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.