Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shock grenaded so i pulled it off and sent it to Fox for a rebuild. I have it back and want to reinstall it.

I don't have a torque wrench so am curious, should I just snug it up when it feels tight or take it to my LBS to be mounted? I don't want to damage anything.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
My shock grenaded so i pulled it off and sent it to Fox for a rebuild. I have it back and want to reinstall it.

I don't have a torque wrench so am curious, should I just snug it up when it feels tight or take it to my LBS to be mounted? I don't want to damage anything.
My advice, get a torque wrench. It will pay for itself in short order in the time/hassle/opportunity cost saved if you don't have to haul things back and forth from a shop during regular maintenance and upgrading. Not to mention you'll have the inherent safety and peace of mind knowing everything is tightened to spec and not over/under torqued which could lead to damage->failure->injury. Injury or damaged parts could very easily make the cost of even the nicest torque wrench trivial by comparison.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My advice, get a torque wrench. It will pay for itself in short order in the time/hassle/opportunity cost saved if you don't have to haul things back and forth from a shop during regular maintenance and upgrading. Not to mention you'll have the inherent safety and peace of mind knowing everything is tightened to spec and not over/under torqued which could lead to damage->failure->injury. Injury or damaged parts could very easily make the cost of even the nicest torque wrench trivial by comparison.
Yes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.