Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after I got all of my decals removed properly. no stain, or goo. I want to put on new decals.

I thought since I rode a litespeed I should how fast light travels on it instead of just LITESPEED. (same thing right)

299,792,458 mps

I thought it would be funny.

My questions is, How do I get all of those numbers on there straight without making it look bad???

thanks again for the help.

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
I think that's a really bad idea, but it's your bike - so whatever.

Put a strip of green painters tape along the tube and use that as your level line.

Or draw a line on with a straight edge and a non-permanent Sharpie, then wipe it off with rubbing alcohol after decalling.

Or go to one of those vehicle detailing places and get them to laser cut your magic number out of vinyl and put them on a backing sheet so all you have to do is rub them down.

But you do realise it's 'lite' as in low weight, not 'light' as in stream of photons, right?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, 'lite' isn't a word, no matter which meaning was intended. I always hated the garish yellow Litespeed decals, anyway. At least it's (relatively) easy to swap out decals on titanium!

The painter's tape is a good idea... I ultimately need to get some new decals for my MB-0 after I get a new paint job. Sure wish Grant had limited himself to only 9 or 10 decals on that bike... he went a little crazy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do realize its lite not light, but come on! where's your creativity? I dunno about you, but litespeed isn't paying me to advertise for them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
ong said:
Well, 'lite' isn't a word, no matter which meaning was intended. I always hated the garish yellow Litespeed decals, anyway. At least it's (relatively) easy to swap out decals on titanium!

The painter's tape is a good idea... I ultimately need to get some new decals for my MB-0 after I get a new paint job. Sure wish Grant had limited himself to only 9 or 10 decals on that bike... he went a little crazy!
Wait a second, you're getting a new "paint job" Why would you cover up the beauty of titanium? And paint is gonna add about a pound to your frame....not to mention the 40 stickers. But as long as you love it, I guess it's cool. Post pics when it's done

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm not painting it, that would be crazy. I am just installing the speed of light numbers in place of the litespeed.

·
Registered
543 Posts
3fast3furious said:
Wait a second, you're getting a new "paint job" Why would you cover up the beauty of titanium? And paint is gonna add about a pound to your frame....not to mention the 40 stickers. But as long as you love it, I guess it's cool. Post pics when it's done
Paint weighs 4-5 ounces, enamel weighs less than powder. Cunningham used to paint titanium, so it can't be wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.