Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have SRAM X01 1x11 with 32t front chain ring. I just bought the SRAM SRAM X01 X-SYNC Chainring - 94 BCD 30T to replace the 32t.

I had no problem removing the 32t but I could not get the 30t installed over the spider. Has anyone installed without remove their cranks? I tried moving it around for awhile but eventually gave up and reinstalled my 32t.

TIA,
Jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jeff, di you figure this out? I'm looking to do the same swap and am wondering which ring i need to buy between the 94BCD and 104BCD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff, di you figure this out? I'm looking to do the same swap and am wondering which ring i need to buy between the 94BCD and 104BCD.
Which BCD depends on your crank? My X01 setup was 94 as I OP.

As for my question, I ended up removing the crank to install. I dont think it is is possible to install without for the chainring.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i did it!

Which BCD depends on your crank? My X01 setup was 94 as I OP.

As for my question, I ended up removing the crank to install. I dont think it is is possible to install without for the chainring.
it is possible. It took some finesse but i was able to get the 30 on this morning without removing the crank. BTW, does the x1 crank need a special crank puller?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts