Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn’t a popular cam but it’s what I have. It works pretty good for short clips (
My only issue with it is wind noise. I’ve tried a few cheap small noise suppressors (dead cats) but they seam to do nothing. I think part of the problem is the camera mounts inside a clip and any noise guard has to be put on the clip and not the camera.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
658 Posts
not familiar with those (although they catch my eye every once in a while to maybe add some new/interesting views) but in general, nothing is gonna replace deadcatting the mic directly. if wind can make its way to it, thats all she wrote.

about the best you can hope for after the fact is adding in a high pass filter in post. cut off around 85hz seems to be a good spot to at least kill off the low rumble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, have you tried out the Wind Noise Reduction mode? After connecting to the charging case, you can turn on the Wind Noise Reduction mode in the settings. Besides, the Insta360 Studio has a noise reduction function, which provides human voice enhancement and ambient sound cancellation. Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, have you tried out the Wind Noise Reduction mode? After connecting to the charging case, you can turn on the Wind Noise Reduction mode in the settings. Besides, the Insta360 Studio has a noise reduction function, which provides human voice enhancement and ambient sound cancellation. Hope it helps :)
Yes I played with both but in my situation neither help. I'm using it mountain biking and need to hear ambient noises to be useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.