Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...on new things uncovered at Salmon Falls, I talked imjps & Jilm into "riding" up to the old, rickety fire lookout tower at Slammin' Balls yesterday.

I can find it by going "backwards," climbing the hill on the far side that we used to skid down, almost on our butts. The downside (pun intended) to this, is I can't find my way back to the trail on the other side. Imjps led us out, but it was mainly pushing our way out through a bit of undergrowth.

Here they are, pushing upwards. That's a nasty-ass push up. :eek:

Couple of loitering denizens.

View from the tower.

And going down, looking for a trail.

We'll have to go back and check out a few options- there was a trail we didn't check out, and I'd like to find the ST that leads up to the tower from the other side.

More pics from the ride.

Imjps.

Imjps stops, Jilm faws down. :rolleyes: Jim & Jim. More like Bud & Lou.

Jilm chasing imjps.

'Twas a good ride. The weather was a little nippy & wet, but the rain really held off until we were in the car headed home. :thumbsup:

fp

·
Coyotewoman
184 Posts
Nice pics,great place to ride.I'm going to miss being able to cross at the old bridge when the water comes up.But I'm sure being able to drink water and take a shower will make up for it:eekster:

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Serious look on imjps' face.......

Finch Platte said:
...I talked imjps & Jilm into "riding" up to the old, rickety fire lookout tower at Slammin' Balls yesterday.

Imjps stops, Jilm faws down. :rolleyes: Jim & Jim. More like Bud & Lou.

fp
.....he looks a little worried about you body slam'n him as he rode past! :skep: Apparently jilm wasn't think'n you'd be so ruthless!:D Too bad the trails weren't so un-user friendly, the terrain and views look awesome!

Thx for the pix & commentary fp. :thumbsup:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Empty_Beer said:
Patience my good man. After determining that a MM reroute is nearly impossible, I plan on getting this route more rider friendly soon!
If you want help, I am DEFINITELY up for that. I have a BOB trailer to carry tools, plus many burly friends. :thumbsup: I'd love to get this section turned into a new riding area.

Will work 4 beer. :p

fp

Attachments

·
mtb'er
4,311 Posts
Great! My mcleod arrived yesterday. I'll PM ya as to when I head out, and let me know if you have a day that works better than others.

I laughed at the video... funny stuff. I just pulled that frame out of the bushes and hung it on that stump the other day :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.