Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paintballeerXC said:
ya thtat happens to a trail in Berkley i hear. but theres to many people to pin piont the problem
got to take shifts and police it yourselves

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agreed

i thinnk it is bull %^*( that he disrespects us like that. U no if u dont like it walk on the streets u dumbass i mean we downhill and freeriders are built to go fast. Why else would we have huge rigs. He should be arrested for attempted murder.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Jim Childress, the owner of www.safetrails.net is well known for setting up booby traps and rockwalls on Tunnel and CS in SB. In the past, there has been fishing line strung up over a super fast straightaway on Tunnel, which if you know the trail and know the speeds that some of us riders come through that section, is downright deadly. A while back it caught a couple riders and messed them up pretty well, but not bad enough to keep them off the bike. We THINK it was him since we have yet to encounter anyone else quite as motivated when it comes to trail modifications. It's a matter of time before he gets legitimately caught with that **** and hauled off for attempted manslaughter.

I really wish that our trails weren't so long and a bit easier to moniter like this one. Admirable that he stuck it out to catch the guy. In order to do it here you'd have to catch him completely red handed since the trails are so well trafficked(sp?).

·
dirt rules
3,050 Posts
I can't imagine how that guy kept from beating some ass when he caught that guy putting up the wire. Old fycker or not, that shyt is just WRONG. You know the cops wont do **** in the end, either. Not unless he actually kills someone. How retarded do you have to be to think a bike trail is that horrible? Point that old fycker at some nasty clearcuts and watch his mind blow!

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Lubbock, Texas???...geezus, I didn't even know we had crazed, green goobers like that in this part of the state. Usually someone like that has alreadly been killed, cut up into pieces, and fed to the hogs...LOL! When I saw the name "Lubbock", I just figured it was a suburb of San Francisco with the same name as the Texas town. This is really kind of funny as it probably has nothing to do with eco-terrorism. Anyone who knows Lubbock is aware that it's 99% flat, 99% plowed farm land, and has few trees...except in city parks and residential yards. This nutbag is probably along the lines of SMT's post awhile back with the crazed irate dude who cut the tires...not an environmentalist...just mental.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That happened to a good friend of mine in Telluride, just riding along at about 25 mph, took a cable to the mouth under his fullface. Had to have some dental surgery to put some teeth back. Good people out there! I rode the trail the next morning at sunrise, he got jacked up at sunset the night before, so that story hits home a bit for me. I'm quite pissed right now. We have people that drag logs and big rocks under drops here that can't be seen till you are airborne. I would LOVE to catch those fahkers!:madman: :madman: :madman:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
D-line said:
That happened to a good friend of mine in Telluride, just riding along at about 25 mph, took a cable to the mouth under his fullface. Had to have some dental surgery to put some teeth back. Good people out there! I rode the trail the next morning at sunrise, he got jacked up at sunset the night before, so that story hits home a bit for me. I'm quite pissed right now. We have people that drag logs and big rocks under drops here that can't be seen till you are airborne. I would LOVE to catch those fahkers!:madman: :madman: :madman:
that's horrible man. yes, i'd think if you caught him and strung him up by his balls to die it would be a crime of passion, and you would walk away scott free.

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
"He just loves nature," Martinez said. (Martinez is the police detective involved in the case.) what kind of lame ass **** is that. If that guy gets off without doing time, it is time for a lynch mob!

Btw, I personally ran into this problem while living in Germany. It is scary. I am not a violent person, but I would have eviscerated the bastard with my bare hands had I caught him red handed.

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
I consider myself a pretty easy going peace loving guy but if I caught anyone doing stuff like this on the trails and singletrack I ride there might not be a need for any trial.

We do have a problem here with folks smashing bottles on the bike paths and I don't know if this is just random or whether some folks really hate cyclists enough to do this in a deliberate attempt to injure or disable the bicycle.

I got "wired" once when I was younger... I used to run a great deal and when I hit the corner to my street I would often leap across the corner from sidewalk to sidewalk to maintain my sprint all the way home.

OI guess our neighbour decided to deter people from violating his airspace by stringing a fine wire between his fence and a tree that sat on the corner of the property and I discovered the wire when I was coming home one night... I was going all out on my sprint home.

When I got home I asked my dad if I could use thew wire cutters and then had to explain why I needed them and how I got so banged up.

He decided that he'd go over and talk to the neighbour and we could hear him "talking" to the neighbour from half a block away.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Man that is crazy. I've had broken glass spread over one of my trails by the town skaters and druggies. I just didn't use the trail anymore. Gonna try and clean it up in the spring, but jeez... wires? Man, that would be a scary trail.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.