Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's good to hear. So what do you think a little too much rebound?

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
trb2929 said:
Yep, I was just being a little sarcastic.
Oh..

See, I got really good vision and I can't always tell what a normal pair of eyes can see.

Oh and you forgot to put this: :rolleyes:

ps- went to ben avery target shooting last night, I'm hooked now. Need to buy a shotgun... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought the smilies were now frowned upon! I hear they can cause vertigo.

·
1,314 Posts
trb2929 said:
Thought the smilies were now frowned upon! I hear they can cause vertigo.
Nah that's a lawyer thing!!

Besides who needs vertigo when we got heat exhaustion? I rode 7 miles from Dreamy Draw this morning at 5:30 and thought I was having brain sizzle followed by a near yaking experience.

Where was your ac service this morning eh? Huh? Perhaps I should get one of those silly boomerang cooling devices that I saw on a infomerical, I guess they hang around your neck like a horse shoe. That would be a good look for me, perhaps the chicks running would then look at my neck instead of my gut...

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umbrous said:
Where was your ac service this morning eh?
We keep venting off R12 refrigerant so it keeps the temps up. :thumbsup:

PS: For all the greenies we follow the law to the letter concerning refrigerant use.

But hey this is getting to close to water cooler chat so check your PM.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Umbrous said:
I rode 7 miles from Dreamy Draw this morning at 5:30 and thought I was having brain sizzle followed by a near yaking experience.
umbrous, you went out on the wrong day! yesterday was perfect [for summer, that is] - overcast till mid morning.

i hit desert classic at 5:15 from the ramadas inspired by this gorgeous sunrise. at the flinstone benches, after watching this mouse and a chipmunk chase each other for a while, i debated if to continue or not but with the sun hidden, i went on and made it to the goat trail saddle. then on the way back there was a nice breeze the whole way.

aaaahhh, summer...:incazzato:

Attachments

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
very cool pics, kaboose.
I was also out there at DC, rode from my house to warpaint trail to DC to telegraph pass and back. I was out there at about 5:30 and I agree, a nice overcast kept the sun from coming out and baking the desert.

·
right behind ya
183 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I hit the trail early yesterday and today from Warpaint. And the cloud layer to the east was pretty *****en for yesterdays sunrise. I'm really digging this desert thing. Kinda hot, but way kewl. It turns into one of those "gotta be there" moments. Kinda like the alpine glow off of snow covered peak.

Peace!

Sam

·
1,314 Posts
kaboose said:
umbrous, you went out on the wrong day! yesterday was perfect [for summer, that is] - overcast till mid morning.
Oh sure rub it in :incazzato: ...come to find out it was 117 today !?! Which is some sort of record here on Mercury, ahem - Phoenix.

If I could have ridden yesterday I would have, but instead I got to ride today. Sure you get overcast skies, me I get cooked and have a headache for about 5 hours. Another day like today and I'm done. It sucks huge to wake up at like 4:30 only to look at the thermostat in car as I'm leaving and see it at 96 degrees. I can only guess that by the time I reached the trailhead it was close to 100, and it still feels like there is a touch of humidity with it.

Yup I'm done with riding!

Seacrest out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts