Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Freeriding Feline
2,535 Posts
Nice...

I broke into DH/FR with a 2003 Specialized Enduro. Awesome bike, and the new one in the link is hot.
I currently ride a VP Free. You might also want to check out a Nomad. It seems to be in your price range.
Good luck and tell her to keep riding. We need more females!

Kat

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

SuperKat7 said:
I broke into DH/FR with a 2003 Specialized Enduro. Awesome bike, and the new one in the link is hot.
I currently ride a VP Free. You might also want to check out a Nomad. It seems to be in your price range.
Good luck and tell her to keep riding. We need more females!

Kat
That's what I ride - VP Free. It's sweet! She likes the Enduro though. It has similar measurements as her current bike, only different angels. She has been riding for 3 years and she will keep riding despite dirty looks from few male riders. LOL. We travel to Hunter a lot. She really likes that place. And this season they really started focusing on DH/FR trails. They build skinnies and bridges. Also, they bought more land on which they cannot make any skiing trails, so next year they will build more biking stuff. They're trying to make into little Snowshoe, I guess.

Hey, did you post some picks from GH? Cool pics. We rode there couple of time this summer. It's about 10 min from us.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What does your wife ride now?
How much does she weigh?
Where will you be riding? Chairlift access only?

If you are intending to do 10/90 : climbing /descending, this is probably a great bike for her. The head tube angle is pretty slack. If you intend to do any more ascending, she'll benefit from 2 front chainrings and a lighter bike.

Unless she's getting into DH, and you really like the Enduro, I'd recommend the Enduro Expert. It has 2 front CR, an air shock, 67-69 deg headtube angle... It will weigh less and be easier to pedal. And it's still got the Fox 36 on there. Although it's not a DH bike per se, I would race such a bike on sport-level DH courses (in fact, I have been racing sport DH all season on a FR bike). A lighter, shorter-travel bike will teach you how to ride.

It's great you're getting a bike for your wife! :)

-sunny :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

sunnyracegirl said:
What does your wife ride now?
How much does she weigh?
Where will you be riding? Chairlift access only?

If you are intending to do 10/90 : climbing /descending, this is probably a great bike for her. The head tube angle is pretty slack. If you intend to do any more ascending, she'll benefit from 2 front chainrings and a lighter bike.

Unless she's getting into DH, and you really like the Enduro, I'd recommend the Enduro Expert. It has 2 front CR, an air shock, 67-69 deg headtube angle... It will weigh less and be easier to pedal. And it's still got the Fox 36 on there. Although it's not a DH bike per se, I would race such a bike on sport-level DH courses (in fact, I have been racing sport DH all season on a FR bike). A lighter, shorter-travel bike will teach you how to ride.

It's great you're getting a bike for your wife! :)

-sunny :cool:
She has Stumpy M4 '04. We started getting into DH/FR last year. She is 115lb and I think a little heavier bike will help her negotiate the rough DH sections. She wants to keep her Stumpy for XC and use the Enduro for DH and FR. I need to take her to LBS so she can try them.
Thank you for advice.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

·
Freeriding Feline
2,535 Posts
Gh

I haven't been to Hunter. I'm at Diablo usually and I hit Platty a couple of times this past season.
And yes, that's me at GH. My second favorite spot. Stewart Airport is my first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.