Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at getting new bike. Fezzari has got my interest. After much research and reading customer reviews, I have not found a bad review. I have not even came across an average review. Everything has been exceptional. With that being said,I have decieded on the Wasatch Peak. The difference is $500 dollars between the Comp and Elite. The primary difference is the drivetrain and brakes. Comp has Shimano Deore 10 speed vs Elite SRAM NX eagle 12 speed and Comp has Shimano MT-200 Hydraulic Disc Brake vs SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brake.
Would appreciate thoughts and feedback if the $500 extra is worth it.
Thanks

·
Never trust a fart
4,543 Posts
Been looking at getting new bike. Fezzari has got my interest. After much research and reading customer reviews, I have not found a bad review. I have not even came across an average review. Everything has been exceptional. With that being said,I have decieded on the Wasatch Peak. The difference is $500 dollars between the Comp and Elite. The primary difference is the drivetrain and brakes. Comp has Shimano Deore 10 speed vs Elite SRAM NX eagle 12 speed and Comp has Shimano MT-200 Hydraulic Disc Brake vs SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brake.
Would appreciate thoughts and feedback if the $500 extra is worth it.
Thanks
I'd take Eagle 12 over 10 speed. If you ever wanted to go that direction, converting to 12 speed could put you at that $500 or more. Also the Rock Shox fork is better than the Suntour, along with the wheels. So you are getting more than $500 worth of stuff by going with the Elite

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Of the information you have provided, both bikes are close enough to where neither are a tipping point -unless you despise a 2x drive train.

Otherwise, per your questions, both are equal for all intents and purposes.

I have not looked at either bike, but the fork is a good consideration as brought up by frdfandc.

The 12speed stuff is quite a bit more heavy and is lower quality than Shimano Deore.
I am not familiar with Shimano 200 but both are lower level brake components and should perform similarity to each other.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,884 Posts
I prefer the Shimano drivetrain and brakes, but also value the better fork and wheels. This is why I build my bikes from the frame up instead of buying complete, I never like the build kits offered.

Only you can decide what is more important to you.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I do have the NX 12 speed and it performs perfectly. However, it's what the bike came with with no other option.

The other bike is a 10 speed 2x Shimano shifter/derailleur. Both work equally well.

I guess I'll go one step further, as I have mentioned in other threads just as others have.

When considering how a bicycle is spec'd out -the minor things like brakes and shifting can be easily overlooked for more pricey items that come equipped as stock.

If you prefer a frame, or a fork, but has lousy brakes, it's best to go with the lousy brakes for the correct bike. Brakes will work, maybe not to your liking, but is easy to change in the future if desired -same with the drive train, albeit a bit more expensive than a brake chance.
My newest bike was an upgraded model because of the fork. Mostly because I knew enough about what I wanted from the bike to make the decision. I'd prefer different brakes but they weren't an option -I will replace as I get to it.

Budget is a huge concern of course. So getting the bike that suits your needs for your budget is key, unless a slight upgraded bike is still affordable, but requiring to move around funds to 'borrow' from some other expenses I say it will suit you in the long run to get the upgraded bike (major component upgrade like a fork) and sacrifice some other expenses, IF that is an option for you.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
$500 gets you better fork and wheels. They are both 1X and I would rather have 1X 10 speed than NX. I don't know enough about the 2 forks and wheelsets to make a call.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
NX works well, but is heavy and less robust/durable in my experience. GX is a big step up and closer to the high end SRAM groups than to NX. I got a bike with NX, put the shifter and RD on ebay and replaced it with GX. I generally prefer SRAM brakes to Shimano for their more gradual, less grabby, braking. I also love the smell of DOT in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.