Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a while now, and I have heard that Ibex is pretty good. I have been looking at norko,brodie,and kona hardtails. I am into jumps, trails, track, more less giving the bike hell. So what I am wanting to know what kind of abuse can the trophy pro, or comp x7 take ? I think the Jake guy has one but not sure. Since you can't test one before you buy. How does it compare frame size wise is it to a .GF mullet, Haro Flightline, Giant stp, Specialized hardrock, Kona Hoss, frame in a med ? these are what I have ridden, but I almost went with the kona.But I am liking the norco and brodie. but from all the reading on Ibex, I was wanting some input on them. Like I said only hardtails, I don't really dig the FS bikes, yet... Thanks ,Chris

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
The Trophy's frame is designed for a XC venue..It is solid and can handle a lot of abuse..

(IMHO) At 280 pounds I wouldn't recommend it as a "jump" or "urban assault" bike..Not as
a steady diet..

Beefier frames like the Kona Hoss and Specialized hardrock would be my choices for a frame
that's more geared towards the more AM style of riding you seem to be talking..

Jake

PS. 56yrs.....5' 9 3/4"......230pounds..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jake Pay said:
The Trophy's frame is designed for a XC venue..It is solid and can handle a lot of abuse..

(IMHO) At 280 pounds I wouldn't recommend it as a "jump" or "urban assault" bike..Not as
a steady diet..

Beefier frames like the Kona Hoss and Specialized hardrock would be my choices for a frame
that's more geared towards the more AM style of riding you seem to be talking..

Jake

PS. 56yrs.....5' 9 3/4"......230pounds..
Well are you meaning like 2-3 ft drop offs or bigger drops like freestyle dirt jumping ? I woul be more along the lines of the 2-3ft drop offs, not big dirt jumps like the bmx parks.( urban/ DJ). style . I am not in that kind of shape .:D but I am really surprised of the components you get with the Ibex bikes, compared to the other bikes I have ridden...$$$$ wise...

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
dont think the Trophy is what you're looking for dude... Like jake mentioned, it's more of an XC bike which can take abuse. It is by no means a DJ bike. Even if it could handle DJ abuse (which i'm pretty sure it can), the geometry is just wrong for it...

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
Hi Chris,

The best advice on the Trophy's (can/can't) take would be better answered by IBEX..
Give them a call (1-888-741-1464) Monday if you're really interested in the bike..
They will answer the phone and only sell you the Trophy if they believe the bike will
serve your intentions at your weight..

Yupper, the component package on the bikes is hard not to like..But even as sweet as they
are, the only thing from IBEX on the three bikes listed below..Are the frames

Best of luck and happy trails

Jake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks jake for your input. I like your trophy pro.... looks sweet ! I will give Ibex a call monday. I live in knoxville, tn. most of my riding will be , at a place called Haw Ridge , Wind Rock, Sugar mtn. , Ski Beech, places like that, if you ever been to either on of these places. Thanks again....Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.