Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem kinda lame but I had to share. Often times I need to lean my bike up against something because there is no room to lay it down, I used to just chock the back tire, until I was changing out my tube (stupid AZ thorns) and then it hit me. I can use a length of inner tube to hold a brake lever while leaning the bike up against something.

See it in action

and disengaged

Cheers
X98C

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ummm...usually I just let my bike lean up against whatever I want....unless it's on an incline...in which case it's never smart to lean your bike up against something....This seems pointless to me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I like it. Cheap, simple, and lightweight.

If you could make it look like carbon fiber you could probably charge $20 for it.

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
I read one once about a rider in Europe who frequented a hillside tavern/restaurant; he would roll up, lean the bike, fiddle a bit, and come in. A tourist (the author) asked him if he was worried about his bike being stolen. The guy said, "Not at all...I just hope they know how to handle themselves at high speeds." The author later discovered that the rider undid his v-brakes whenever he stopped there.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Not only loosen your brakes but also the quick release skewers, can make for an interesting attempted bike theft....

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Not only loosen your brakes but also the quick release skewers, can make for an interesting attempted bike theft....
Or lock the brakes on and loosen the QRs.

The other simple trick is shift to the big-big combo before you stop, then move the shifters all the way loose.

BTW the inner tube band is a nice, simple solution. Good tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts