Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished build it up Friday night and Saturday afternoon, IB's son and I went for a little ride. It's still quite wet here in Maine, but there are a couple of short trails at a local park that we were able to get on and have a little fun.

I've never had a bike with this much travel, and I must say this bike rocks!!! I was concerned that with it's geometry, I might have a hard time climbing, but with the Nixon's IT technology, just suck the fork down and go. There's one short, steep climb that I've always had trouble with that I climbed much easier than I've ever climbed before. There are a couple of other climbs that I thought I might have to suck the fork down, but I didn't have to. The front stayed down quite nicely.

Where we were riding, there aren't a whole lot of tests out there for the suspension, but I will say it sucked up all of the rooty sections nicely. Just point it and it smiles saying give me more!! Although my legs and lungs aren't there yet, I can say that I'm going to be able to push through sections with more speed than I've been able to(or dared to) before. I can't wait for the trails to dry out so I'm able to give it the real test!!

On another note, the 120mm stem does feel a little too long for me. I'm thinking I'll have to go down to something in the 90mm range. I'll put on something even shorter for the lifts ;)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Im glad you like your new ride! After riding mine in "east coast" conditions and seeing or feeling the Pack's suspension work in that stuff is truely amazing. Hit us with some "hcore" reviews too!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will...

I will post some more once I'm able to get it on some more technical trails, but it might be a couple of weeks until they're ready to ride.

I do have some pics of it all built up, but they're at home on my camera. I'll try and get to it tonight if I'm not too lazy. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.