Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to ride upper wilson and schoolhouse,can someone please give info ....where to start,where to finish ,can both trails be done in a loop together,where can i find a map on the internet for these rides...info on ripshin and 21 would be good too......thanx alot........if you want to guide sat. or sun. ,ill pay with beer for guide service ......thanks again

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wilson Creek map or a Natl Geo map

can be bought at CBS Sports on Hwy 181 on your way out of Morganton if you go in that direction. Otherwise you can get one from most LBSs. I have to work this weekend otherwise would be glad to show you Upper Wilsons and Schoolhouse - I would love to get some pics of someone riding the big & steep gulley washes on Schoolhouse. I would not suggest attempting the ride you are describing solo if you have never ridden or hiked in the Wilson Creek Wilderness Area. Not many of the trails in the Wilson Creek area are marked with a sign although Schoolhouse is. There are descriptions in some of the trail reviews that might help you get your bearings in terms of route. I would park at Mortimer and ride it as a loop if I were to do the ride you suggest. A few shots from my last ride there. There was a fair amount of downfall from the last windstorm laying across the trail in a few places esp on Schoolhouse.
more at http://glenalpineepicadventures.blogspot.com/

Attachments

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Those are some killer trails. The climb from Mortimer is also a killer, (45lb VP Free :madman: ), but the ride back down is worth every drop of sweat it costs you to get there. Love that lil log jump in the pic. I've seen more than one pay the price on that lil jump, so beware, the run in is short and you should scope it out 1st.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts