Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of having a wheelset built for me using the Stans No Tubes Ztr Freeride rim laced to Hadley hubs! Anybody using it or familiar with it ? I want a strong rim that will take some abuse from a big rider ! Other choice may be DT Swiss FR- 6.1 rims! Thanks! TIG.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I am looking for info on the Stans!

shiggy said:
I thought you were going to provide info on the rims! Bummer! How big are you! What kind of abuse!
! ! !

!
!
Sorry Shiggy! :D No I looking for info on them because I am very unfamiliar with there rims but I have reading up on the Stans Ztr FR-DH rim on there website and have some interest in them! I am about 215 lbs and am planning on building up a 6" travel FR frame in near future! I want it for jumps,drops, resort hills,and such, but nothing too crazy! Thanks! TIG.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must be a too new on the market!

I think I will look more closely at getting the DT Swiss FR- 6.1s or something else and forget about the Ztr Freeride rims, I might be too heavy a rider for them anyway! Thanks! TIG.

·
Whatever
584 Posts
I'm using the Olympic ones which are narrower and lighter, but the same design as the freeride ones. If you look at a cross section, it is different than most rims. The rim sidewall tapers in a bit, and the hook for the bead is more pronounced. I am using them without a rimstrip, just strapping tape from a hardware store wrapped around 2x like Stan told me to do. No problems in 8 months...but I don't do dirt jump parks. They are on a 6" Maverick fork though (& Maverick ML7 frame). I have a 2.1 rear and a 2.3 front, both Kenda's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.