Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my friends organized to take a trip out to plattekill for some riding, but I want to know what the terrain is really like. I see they have alot of XC too, are there beginner DH trails too? I really want to go, but about half of my friends are scared and think everything there is 10ft drop off and just crazy DH (which I'm sure there is) but I'm trying to find out if it's intermediate level friendly (most of them ride hardtails too). Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
There's a good mix there...

Just don't go barreling down a trail before you check it out for drops, etc. I've never ridden a hardtail there, but I've seen people doing it there...just watch out for loose huge chunks of shale flying evreywhere! Just ask a few riders there which ones might be good trails to start out there, that's what I did and got good info. Most of the big obstacles have roll down options or routes around them as well.

Here's a bunch of pics/videos from my "NY'ers go freeriding summer trip". We rode the more moderate trails, maybe it'll give you a better idea:

http://bikes.czieje.com/images.htm

Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts