Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Whoaohohohoh said:
Not sure about this but ABS (another bike shop, on mission) might demo turner frames. I don't know about renting them though.
They don't really rent them. They're demos (like you said). The purpose is to allow potential buyers to test ride the bikes for a day, for about $65, and the fee goes towards purchase if they decide to buy.

Riders from out of town, looking for a bike to ride for the weekend, don't meet that criteria.

Family Cycling Center, as BL mentioned, is the place to get decent FS bike rentals in Santa Cruz

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,878 Posts
Evan...

mntbikr15 said:
Like the title says Im looking to rent some mid-high range mountain bikes for a few days in July.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Evan
Scotts Valley CycleSport, which is 5-6 miles from Santa Cruz and you pass it if you are coming up 17. Good location for picking up the rentals then dropping them off on the way back down 17. I think they have some Specialized bikes they rent. Call them- 831-440-9070.

Dwight

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've never really thought about it, but I too think SV Cyclesport rents bikes. I've never asked them about it to be sure about it - though they always seem to have some bikes floating around with dirty tires & the like in the sales area. Mike & crew are good guys who like bikes.

It's a lot easier to get to than Family Cyclery traffic wise - just take the Mt Hermon Rd exit (the only way it goes anywhere) towards Felton. It'll be on the left in the shopping center between the 4th & 5th lights (or between the BK and McD's).

·
Mtb Bum
144 Posts
Yes. Yuba does have Santa Cruz rentals. Emphasis is on Blur LTs, Nomads, and Hecklers but we do have a couple VP Frees. And if you really want to give a bike a thorough, and thoroughly enjoyable, test ride I'd challenge you to find a better location in which to do both simultaneously.

Come on up!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.