Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking for info regarding the 4x and super D racing at the Fontana track.
1. I have seen the 4x track on YouTube and it looks pretty rough, what's better, a hardtail or fully?
2. How big are the jumps? Can they be rolled/pumped or is it too slow?
3. Tell me about the length and level of difficulty of the Super D track.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Most if not all the riders on the 4x track at Fontana are on hard-tails/DJ types of bikes. The course is a groomed course, there aren't any rocks or gravel. All the jumps can be rolled-pumped or by-passed all together....In certain sections doing so will be too slow.....but it all depends what class you plan on racing (Beginner to Advanced)

The Super D always changes from race to race, but basically you can count on some short but intense climbs and then down portions of the DH course....plan on riding down granite rocks/boulders...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really, no rocks? The YouTube videos look like it's quite rough. What bike set up is best for the super D? How long is the course?

·
Old School Legs
147 Posts
The course isn't groomed (swept and watered) like a bmx track, but it is basically like a clean fireroad. A friend of mine races the sport class, which for these local races, doesn't really have an age breakdown for the classes. The beginner class has a few different age groups. When the National Series is there, they usually have more classes.
http://www.southridgeusa.com/results_MTX_2_5_11.php

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joker. Is he a member on this site? I would love to chat with him as I have a few more questions based on his experience.

·
Old School Legs
147 Posts
Rob's more of a bmx'r (like 30 years!), he's not a member here.
If you live near Perris, he's out at the bmx track all the time, often with his 4X bike.
He races cruiser and 20" in the 41-45 expert classes.
He is totally friendly and easy to talk to. I'm sure he would be happy to help you out with tips and such.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The 4X track is in a public park and its free to ride the track whenever you want.....Then go hike the hills behind the 4X and you will see where the Super D and DH course is....I mean honestly, that's the only way you are gonna really know what its like....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts