Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
yeah, they look amazing... I haven't seen a sweet yeti with them yet... I am interested too :D

I have seen them in other fine rides.. but price is too steep for me... for now :D

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
crisillo said:
yeah, they look amazing... I haven't seen a sweet yeti with them yet... I am interested too :D

I have seen them in other fine rides.. but price is too steep for me... for now :D
What ever happened to your love affair with your 5.1's/Hope pro 2 love affair Criss.......If Warp caught you saying these kinda things it be no different then your GF catching you with your 575 in bed;)

Oh yeah ,I-9's gotta love em.........pretty close to CK/5.1 in pricing though....or Crossmax, so go for it Black

Attachments

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
One of my riding buddies

Just bought a 29'er set for his single speed. Sounds like a CK hub and engages instantly. Nice and stiff but.... each spoke is CNC'd out of aluminum. If by chance you catch a rock... could get rather $$$ to replace those spokes.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
TiEndo said:
What ever happened to your love affair with your 5.1's/Hope pro 2 love affair Criss.......If Warp caught you saying these kinda things it be no different then your GF catching you with your 575 in bed;)

Oh yeah ,I-9's gotta love em.........pretty close to CK/5.1 in pricing though....or Crossmax, so go for it Black
JEJEJE.. got me!.. I am still in love with my wheelset.... but my SS has a XT/317 wheelset... so why can't I dream too ;) luckily with bikes...they don't get jealous if you buy the "other one" jewelry, as long as they get their own :lol:

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
crisillo said:
JEJEJE.. got me!.. I am still in love with my wheelset.... but my SS has a XT/317 wheelset... so why can't I dream too ;) luckily with bikes...they don't get jealous if you buy the "other one" jewelry, as long as they get their own :lol:
For the SS.....Hope hubs to DT4.2.........For the GF.....If you get a big as blingstone then she's no longer GF......now called wife......so go with other baubles instead.....Eyerings, pendents, bracelets:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
TiEndo said:
For the SS.....Hope hubs to DT4.2.........For the GF.....If you get a big as blingstone then she's no longer GF......now called wife......so go with other baubles instead.....Eyerings, pendents, bracelets:thumbsup:
OK ;)

actually that is the exact wheelset I am looking at on Chain Reaction Cycles... I got my Pro2 / 5.1 from them..and have very content with them... I just got a Revelation for the SS... so it seems my Marathon SL is about to retire :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, now who wants to loan me $800.00 for the Industry Nines? Trying to figure out what on earth I could say to justify the cost to my wife. Just sold my old Canni hardtail rig for a big 400.00. Could I explain: The wheels are twice as nice as my old hardtail. Hence 2x the cost? No. She is way too smart for that.

Wheels that sing with bling will make me 2x the rider I was on the hardtail? hmmm. . . .

Probably wont buy that either.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
crisillo said:
OK ;)

actually that is the exact wheelset I am looking at on Chain Reaction Cycles... I got my Pro2 / 5.1 from them..and have very content with them... I just got a Revelation for the SS... so it seems my Marathon SL is about to retire :D
I run the Revelation on the steel SS. You'll dig it! I'm using the Pop-Loc Remote since it's more appropriate for the SS than the 575. Post pictures when you git-r-done.

·
sam575
163 Posts
Blackjd1 said:
Ok, now who wants to loan me $800.00 for the Industry Nines? Trying to figure out what on earth I could say to justify the cost to my wife. Just sold my old Canni hardtail rig for a big 400.00. Could I explain: The wheels are twice as nice as my old hardtail. Hence 2x the cost? No. She is way too smart for that.

Wheels that sing with bling will make me 2x the rider I was on the hardtail? hmmm. . . .

Probably wont buy that either.
800 for wheels! Jeeeezuz. What's the weight of the I9 wheels?

I'm running the spinergy xyclone dics wheels on my 575 and they're rooly nice. They look factory! I've read people say they didn't think they're stiff. Not sure what they're on about because mine are as stiff as anything I've ever ridden, if not stiffer. And I sure do notice how light they are when I accelerate (on my scales 700g front, 910g rear). Hubs are beautiful (freewheel made by hadely) so it's nice and loud and engagement is crisp and quick.

Only had them for a few weeks and will post pics as soon as my camera gets fixed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sam575 said:

I'm running the spinergy xyclone dics wheels on my 575 and they're rooly nice. They look factory! I've read people say they didn't think they're stiff. Not sure what they're on about because mine are as stiff as anything I've ever ridden, if not stiffer. And I sure do notice how light they are when I accelerate (on my scales 700g front, 910g rear). Hubs are beautiful (freewheel made by hadely) so it's nice and loud and engagement is crisp and quick.

Only had them for a few weeks and will post pics as soon as my camera gets fixed.
Pretty much the same as your xyclones:
730 front
910 rear

Post a pic when you get a chance.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
sam575 said:

I bought the Xyclone Discs for the 575 but unfortunately, XTR casettes do not fit the rear wheel correctly (the casette spider hits the spokes). I'm not sure if they've changed the design since. I'm also sure that mine isn't a Hadley freehub since it's not that loud or noticeably quick. It is now being used on the SS as the 575 backup wheels (actually, the SS has a LOT of 575 backup stuff- wheels, stem, post, saddle, handlebar, fork, disc brakes, etc... which is a good way to justify a long travel SS ;) )
I have heard of bad things about the Xyclones and Spinergy wheels in general in the past but my set has been flawless. I've only had to call Customer Service once (for a set of spoke wrenches) and they were sent immediately so no complaints there.
Here they are in action...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
flipnidaho said:
I run the Revelation on the steel SS. You'll dig it! I'm using the Pop-Loc Remote since it's more appropriate for the SS than the 575. Post pictures when you git-r-done.
Cool..I will be running the same combo of steel with Rev (Zion 853EBB frame).... I originally ordered a poplock model...... but when I got it, it didn't have the poplock, and it was the last 06 model they had (very discounted too), they offered to take it back, but I preferred to get some store credit and got a new XT RD for the 575 instead ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
(Sorry for the thread-jack,Blackjd1 ;) )

Flip,

I got early today and installed the Rev...it looks awesome.... but right now it is -4 C with a "feels like" temp of -15 C, so no test ride today I guess...

Here's the pics..

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TiEndo said:

Nice pic, you can really see how the spoke is shaped into a nipple at the rim end. The pic shows 4.2s, how are the DT swiss 4.1s different than 4.2?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
crisillo said:

Flip,

I got early today and installed the Rev...it looks awesome.... but right now it is -4 C with a "feels like" temp of -15 C, so no test ride today I guess...

Here's the pics..

The Rev looks great with that frame... Don't forget to tilt your saddle down a degree or so to account for the higher front end... I'm still shopping for the Nobby Nics here in the US but they are just to $$$ right now...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
crisillo said:

No prob. Hey are those 545 spd pedals? If so have you had problems withe the right spindle cap and spring coming out? I just ordered the repair part for mine yesterday. Cap keeps coming out! Hoping I dont have to take the entire pedal assembly apart to replace the cap and spring.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Blackjd1 said:
crisillo said:

No prob. Hey are those 545 spd pedals? If so have you had problems withe the right spindle cap and spring coming out? I just ordered the repair part for mine yesterday. Cap keeps coming out! Hoping I dont have to take the entire pedal assembly apart to replace the cap and spring.
There are 424s, similar to the 545s, but the cage on mine is plastic instead of alloy. I haven't had any issues (so far.. knock on wood)

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
flipnidaho said:
The Rev looks great with that frame... Don't forget to tilt your saddle down a degree or so to account for the higher front end... I'm still shopping for the Nobby Nics here in the US but they are just to $$$ right now...
Thanks flip.. I will.. I already removed a spacer from under the stem too... Let me know if you find them at a good price.... over here they cost about 25 EUR, so if you get a couple it might be worth the shipping cost... I could help you with that ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.