Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics...
BIke setup... XTR/XO Juicy Carbons. Surly is a temporary frame, it'll be back to SS when my Titus Exogrid Ti 29 is ready!!!

Front wheel shot. If you look close towards the rim, the small white letters on the spokes spell out Industry Nine. That's right, they laser etch each spoke!

Mmmmmm.... Polished XTR cranks.....

Rear wheel close up with SRAM 990 cassette.

I posted an earlier write up of these wheels before I ordered them. Here's the follow up.

I was extreamly happy with the customer service that I recieved from I 9. The guys down there has answered every question I could think of prior to ordering my pair. They havetuned out to b everything I hoped for. They Spin up faster than my CK/Mustang combo did. They are a lot more laterally stiffer. I love the color and the attention to detail, (ie laser etched spokes!) These are truely top notch wheels. The color pallete is off the scale as well. One of my sponcered guys is thinking of a blue pewter hubbed, pink spoked set on Mustangs!

Rather than ship me my wheels, John from I 9 happened to be visiting relatives in the St Paul area, so he brought me wheels with him. I met him at a resteraunt and we ended up talking about wheels and shops in general for about an hour. He is a first rate guy, and one hell of a craftsman. The wheels are nothing short of art. If you have a special project you're working on, if you lie to have the best stuff, or if you simply appreciate attention to detail and performance, these wheels have it!

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's pretty damn light for a Surly. Almost seems like heresy to put such bling parts on the "normal" steel bike. It rides really well like this, I may have to get a SS I 9 set for it when the Titus comes.

For the Titus, you can't get more bling than custom Ti/Carbon 29. I'm losing sleep waiting for it!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Not just fast. Even without those wheels it's probably the world's most bling Karate Monkey.
Surly should be notified of this specimen.

Congrats, you're a lucky man with exquisite taste.

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should be here in late December. That's what my rep is telling me anyway. I getting one for myself and one for stock here in the shop. Cause it's nice to have a $3500 frame hangin around! I'm getting the new Speedgoat XL size and geo, should fit me perfect!

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did do the cranks. I'm willing to do it for people if they'd like. They are all hand polished, vs using a machine. This particular pair were absoloutly beat to sh**. They'd been raced 3 seasons, and they looked like it. Not a bad way to freshen up some cranks eh?

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are $825 for any combo of Red, Sliver or Black for hubs/rims. Any other color, (there are fifteen!) are $900. That's with DT TK 7.1 rims. They'll build them with any rims you want.

I think it's worth the $100 or so differance between these and a top shelf King build. So much more bling as well.

Need a pair?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.