Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
bike geek
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
Hexonxonx said:
Anyone got any info on these? I found it on the twentyNiner dot net site.

Do a search. At least one person here rides them, can't remember who though. He's posted pics and a review. Ligero posted some pics of them with his Interbike coverage also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
tamjam said:
Do a search. At least one person here rides them, can't remember who though. He's posted pics and a review. Ligero posted some pics of them with his Interbike coverage also.
www.industrynine.net

the weight listed for their xc 26er wheelset is 1640g. Respectable.

The best thing about that wheelset is the bling factor. Anno spokes are pretty sweet. Lots of different colors as well I believe.
 

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
Joined
·
3,860 Posts
Shoot them some emails

Hexonxonx said:
Anyone got any info on these? I found it on the twentyNiner dot net site.

Their response time is VERY quick. Weight is 860 and 1050 front and rear. Will use the freeride spokes if one so desires. Can make a 24mm axle and will lace to the new Salsa rims. Spoke replacement cost is around 6 - 8 bucks. Warranty is one year on the hubs and spokes.

Off topic - sent my Crossmax XLs to Mavic to replace ONE spoke under their extended warranty program over THREE MONTHS ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
They'll do any color

but there will be an upcharge naturally. I suppose if you're dropping more coin than a CK wheelset the upcharge is a relatively small piece of the deal.

Sexy wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Color and Chain Slap

OrBikbldr said:
www.industrynine.net

the weight listed for their xc 26er wheelset is 1640g. Respectable.

The best thing about that wheelset is the bling factor. Anno spokes are pretty sweet. Lots of different colors as well I believe.
I noticed on the site the 29, and SS are grayed out, maybe they just need to up date the site. As far as colored spokes go that would be better kept for my SS. I noticed a lot more chain slap on my 29er. I"m guessing it has to do with my 18" chain stays. Also it could be a product of both Full Sus. and long chainstays. In fact (Is that a word?) I have black DT spokes and the chain is starting to take the black off the spokes because of all the slap. I run my chain so tight enough to shift into the big in the front and big in the back. Not that I use that combination ever, but in a race sometimes at 190 beats per minute I don't think so clearly. I guess I could be a "Big Boy" and remove that guard rail, but will really help that much.

??? Plus I don't see prices ???
 

·
Harmonius Wrench
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Rasta colors!

Salsa Cycles said:
They are building a set of wheels for me using our new Delgado 29er. I'll post pictues and weights sometime around christmas. I am sending the rims tomorrow.

I'm still trying to decide color combination though.......

Jason
Salsa Crew
Jason, I'm assuming that your rims are the pre-production ones and that some bloke like myself is still having to wait on these rims until February? ;)

As far as color goes, how can it be anything other than gold or red? :D
 

·
Full Tilt Boogie
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
I 9 has over 15 different colors you can choose from. Red, silver, black and gold are the "standards." Some of the other ones are pink, purple, blue, blue pewter, copper, and yellow. in theory, rasta would be possible. Red hubs, yellow and green spokes, black rims?

Prices are $825 for standard colors, $900 for any other combinations. That's for a DT TK 7.1 rim. They will build them with any rims you can think of.

Ted, Faribault MN's not that far north of you, wanna try a pair?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right now

benwitt11 said:
I 9 has over 15 different colors you can choose from. Red, silver, black and gold are the "standards." Some of the other ones are pink, purple, blue, blue pewter, copper, and yellow. in theory, rasta would be possible. Red hubs, yellow and green spokes, black rims?

Prices are $825 for standard colors, $900 for any other combinations. That's for a DT TK 7.1 rim. They will build them with any rims you can think of.

Ted, Faribault MN's not that far north of you, wanna try a pair?
Right now I'm running DT240s Hubs, DT Super Comp spokes (2.0-1.7-1.8), and Salsa, Delgrado Rims. (My Bontrager, Mustangs just back ordered). I had a set of Kings but after running them for a while they were still tight and would freewheel real well. Front hub made the rotor rub the fork, and the cassette kept coming loose even with the special CK cassette lock ring. . . . and they spun down fast to boot. I was going to by the special CK tool and re lube them with 10 weight like "they" (CK) say you can, but I got the DTs and fixed everything. How much lighter can those wheels be than mine?

I'm guessing the real magic is in the spokes for a stiff wheel. They make thick spokes that weight like normal spoke. They have a cool site, but not a lot of specific details.
 

·
Harmonius Wrench
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
benwitt11 said:
I 9 has over 15 different colors you can choose from. Red, silver, black and gold are the "standards." Some of the other ones are pink, purple, blue, blue pewter, copper, and yellow. in theory, rasta would be possible. Red hubs, yellow and green spokes, black rims?

Prices are $825 for standard colors, $900 for any other combinations. That's for a DT TK 7.1 rim. They will build them with any rims you can think of.

Ted, Faribault MN's not that far north of you, wanna try a pair?
Sure! I'd love to. Perhaps the weather won't be too conducive to riding soon, so perhaps it'll have to wait till spring?

I think these would be so very nice laced up to a set of those new Delgado disc only rims coming out soon. That's what I'd really be interested in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
Rims are Proto's

Guitar Ted said:
Jason, I'm assuming that your rims are the pre-production ones and that some bloke like myself is still having to wait on these rims until February? ;)

As far as color goes, how can it be anything other than gold or red? :D
You're a sharp guy GT. Yes, they are pre-production. We have gone into production on our new rims. I promise to update everyone as we near delivery of this new product.

More to come.

Jason
 

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Please send I9 a few extra rims.
I have ordered a set of wheels from them a week or two ago requesting the new Salsa Delgado Disk rims, so I’m just waiting on the rims to be available.
I know several people riding the wheels now and everyone has been thrilled with them.
Most folk are using them for highly abusive riding styles and they are holding like champs.
 

·
CNC Dude
Joined
·
97 Posts
magic fer sure

Hexonxonx said:
Right now I'm running DT240s Hubs, DT Super Comp spokes (2.0-1.7-1.8), and Salsa, Delgrado Rims. (My Bontrager, Mustangs just back ordered). I had a set of Kings but after running them for a while they were still tight and would freewheel real well. Front hub made the rotor rub the fork, and the cassette kept coming loose even with the special CK cassette lock ring. . . . and they spun down fast to boot. I was going to by the special CK tool and re lube them with 10 weight like "they" (CK) say you can, but I got the DTs and fixed everything. How much lighter can those wheels be than mine?

I'm guessing the real magic is in the spokes for a stiff wheel. They make thick spokes that weight like normal spoke. They have a cool site, but not a lot of specific details.
Hex...x-

The spokes are about HALF the weight of a standard 14g spoke. Compared to what you're running, it may not be lighter, but will be one HELL of a lot stiffer.

Standard 29'er weights with the TK7.1 rim are 1000g rear and 830g front. With the Stan's ZTR 29, the weight of the set comes down to 1640g. The hub is way way way quieter than CK, with less drag and quicker engagement (3 deg!).
 

·
Full Tilt Boogie
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
Guitar Ted:
It's raining here a ton today. No snow and not too cold. I'm planning on riding for quite a while. Let me know if you're interested. I could send a set home with our mutual friend Mr Noonan. He says that he knows you a bit.

They are way stiffer than the Kings I was running. The weight is about the same, (TK's vs Mustangs,) but the I 9's spin up way faster! The stiffness is definately noticable when cornering. With the TK's it's just a bomber 29 wheelset, without the weight penalty.
 

·
Harmonius Wrench
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the offer! I would need a single speed set up though, as I only have one 29"er, and that's my Karate Monkey single speed. I suppose it'd be all right to send them down for testing with Noo-Noo. He isn't really a 29" freak yet, so they'd be safe with him, although I see he's riding a cross bike now. A conversion in the works?

You guys must have some decent riding in that area? I've never heard of anybody really mentioning that part of the country for riding. It's certainly hilly enough. Trails buff, or rocky? How are your wheels on your trail? You say they are stiffer, which is good. Can you feel that they climb any better? I'm guessing that they do.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top