Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting some I9s for my 2007 Demo 7 and I was thinking of getting green or pewter. Anyone have any pics of these colors?

Thanks
 

·
check your six
Joined
·
4,181 Posts
I am being lazy here, but anyone have a price on these bad boys? $$ for a total set up? They look super nice and I have only heard good reviews about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
sodak06 said:
I am being lazy here, but anyone have a price on these bad boys? $$ for a total set up? They look super nice and I have only heard good reviews about them.
I got a quote from them the other day because I was curious too. Heres what they said...

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our products. A wheelset built
up on Mavic 823's will start at $1004.99 in standard colors (any combo of
red, black, and/or silver), custom colors (blue, gold, green, orange,
pewter, pink, or purple) will add $100 to the price per custom color used.
So a set w/ green spokes and a green (or standard colored) hub will run you
$1104.99. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
XJman07 said:
I got a quote from them the other day because I was curious too. Heres what they said...

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our products. A wheelset built
up on Mavic 823's will start at $1004.99 in standard colors (any combo of
red, black, and/or silver), custom colors (blue, gold, green, orange,
pewter, pink, or purple) will add $100 to the price per custom color used.
So a set w/ green spokes and a green (or standard colored) hub will run you
$1104.99. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions,
Woah.... bling bling
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
RideRMB said:
Fo those are sick!!! Laced up to DPS 32's... MMMMMM...
as others have stated, not syncros (though I do love their stuff). These are DT Swiss 5.1d rims that I had custom painted by Chad of Redbarn Bicycles prior to him building up the wheels. he even was kind enough to contact DT Swiss and get new stickers to be used after painted!
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
CountryBoy said:
Fo how much?
as noted in listing, $750 (a lot less than other used I9s are asking on mtbr). These are likely one of a kind (if you care) given the rim color of the 5.1s. Given the upgraded rear hub, included Hadley axle, and custom painted rims, the retail is over $1000 (retail is $920 for stock configuration)

The hubs are Enduro, front 20mm and rear uses HD axle instead of quick release and the Hadley Racing 10mm bolt-on thru axle is included. 6-pawl engagement as well so pretty much the quickest engaging hub on the market, period.

My new frame is friggin "arctic camo" and the red just aint working so i need to get new wheels...i know, lame, but thats how i roll
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Both of you guys have it wrong! I could care less about 5.1's, I want some laced to DPS 32's...:rolleyes:
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
RideRMB said:
Both of you guys have it wrong! I could care less about 5.1's, I want some laced to DPS 32's...:rolleyes:
i see...that would be a good combo. my next/replacement wheelset is going to use Syncros DS28 which I love. I dont need the manliness of the 32s. I like the 5.1s but it will be easier for me to have white rims on the replacement wheelset going with Syncros as opposed to having to pay again for custom painting.

cheers
 

·
trail fairy
Joined
·
9,546 Posts
FoShizzle said:
i see...that would be a good combo. my next/replacement wheelset is going to use Syncros DS28 which I love. I dont need the manliness of the 32s. I like the 5.1s but it will be easier for me to have white rims on the replacement wheelset going with Syncros as opposed to having to pay again for custom painting.

cheers
Flexy :p

Bit heavy for the garage Fo :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
well I can see that, but me being a big rider/ hack/ plower the 32s would be better!
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Grex said:
Here is a sample of the Halo Freedom on my Nomad; similar to what FO wants (DS28). Love this combo.
very kewl! how wide are those rims? i am not too familiar with the specs of Halos...just sold my I9 set so i now need to pull the trigger on new build

chur
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
FoShizzle said:
very kewl! how wide are those rims? i am not too familiar with the specs of Halos...just sold my I9 set so i now need to pull the trigger on new build

chur
They are identical to the DS28 (28mm wide). Some say they are the same rim (rebadge).
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top