Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a stand to hold a DH and a trail bike
What are you guys using?

So far I've seen two options:

1) Gear Up Oak Floor to Ceiling Bike Rack | BicycleBuys.com

2) Topeak Dual Touch Bike Storage Stand Review | Best Bike Stand Guide

Think i'm leaning towards the topeak, I read it's easier to put together and sturdier, each mount can hold a 40lb bike. One issue I'm seeing is that the top tube angles might be too steep to have the bike mounted with the tires evenly. Since I'm parking the bikes inside and will make the entire area display bike gear, I'd like it to look symmetrical since it will actually be part of my home decor.

Any other ideas out there?

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
lay dh bike on the ground (leaning against wall or hook to hold it in place and use 2 hooks to hold xc bike up

·
Registered
450 Posts

Here is mine that I got from amazon. Holds my dh bike and my steel ht. The individual adjustable arms are key for getting around funky tubes

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to store two bikes on it, that plus some shelving with magazines and a little gear to decorate a wall

pizon, is that a thule?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I want to store two bikes on it, that plus some shelving with magazines and a little gear to decorate a wall

pizon, is that a thule?
Not sure, ill check when I get home, but I think so. I use the tightening knobs to hang helmets armor and stuff like that. I'll post a picture of the whole rack as well when I get home

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thule Bstk2 Bike Stacker is the name of rack, i got from amazon for just under 200. I personally think its money well spent, its really study and accommodated all the bikes i had with weird shock placement/tube configuration

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i have a thule in my shed already for 2 bikes...i'm trying to work in a minimalist concept tho so i like the topeak a bit more, but won't be able to get parallel tires...if i could do something along these lines i would, but a DH frame doesn't seem to be compatible with minimal :)

https://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/shoes-books-and-a-bike-stand.jpeg

https://www.fubiz.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Slit-Bike-Rack7-640x448.jpg

and my favorite...
https://cdn.176laojp.com/images/sni...ike-indoor-bike-storage-solutions-597x614.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
What about that guy on kick starter who had the unit that hung the bike by the seat? It had a spot for your helmet and other junk too, you could get two of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the shelfie? i like 'em, but
at 14 inches width, won't be able to have a straight front wheel with wide DH bars
and
they don't recommend hanging a bike with a dropper post by the seat (my other bike)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
This looks like a great idea.

If anybody has one of these rolling stands, I'd love to know how it's working for you. Harbor Freight makes me think "buy cheap, buy twice" so I hesitate to run out and get one based on the picture alone. But my wife and I have four bikes and a crowded garage, so this stand looks just right for us.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,283 Posts
5 minutes an a few 2x's. spend a few more minutes and i'm sure yours won't look as crude... bikemessy-1.jpg

(edit: i didn't read or look at any links or posts first)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts